The Student Room Group

offer of employment withdrawn

I had a place on a grad scheme, but they have had to cancel all intakes for the foreseeable future. Initially I thought they would just update me for when new start dates open, but apparently not, as I got sent a formal email rescinding the offer. They told me that when they open I wont need to apply again and I will be put straight through but this is so frustrating. I could have been applying to jobs these past few months, but I've missed so many deadlines and turned down so many post application calls because I thought this was secure. Now im unemployed again. Has anyone else went through something similar?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by faye05.
I had a place on a grad scheme, but they have had to cancel all intakes for the foreseeable future. Initially I thought they would just update me for when new start dates open, but apparently not, as I got sent a formal email rescinding the offer. They told me that when they open I wont need to apply again and I will be put straight through but this is so frustrating. I could have been applying to jobs these past few months, but I've missed so many deadlines and turned down so many post application calls because I thought this was secure. Now im unemployed again. Has anyone else went through something similar?

Kubrick? I got the call yesterday, thankfully I applied for some other roles and have another job lined up.
Reply 2
Original post by new-sick
Kubrick? I got the call yesterday, thankfully I applied for some other roles and have another job lined up.

Yup. I accepted back in february and turned down roles because I thought this role was secure. I feel so stupid now. Back to square one.
Reply 3
Original post by faye05.
Yup. I accepted back in february and turned down roles because I thought this role was secure. I feel so stupid now. Back to square one.

Yeah its nasty but nothing we can do, Id just recommend applying for some immediate start roles, I found a decent role in the civil service Iam going to do while applying for consulting roles. What other roles were you looking at if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 4
Yeah its nasty but nothing we can do, Id just recommend applying for some immediate start roles, I found a decent role in the civil service Iam going to do while applying for consulting roles. What other roles were you looking at if you dont mind me asking?

Yep, you're right. Im trying to find roles but it seems a lot of them closed months back, and the open ones are in recruitment which im not really interested in. I've been looking at consulting roles mainly.
Reply 5
Original post by faye05.
Yep, you're right. Im trying to find roles but it seems a lot of them closed months back, and the open ones are in recruitment which im not really interested in. I've been looking at consulting roles mainly.

yeah its been a tough year for consulting in general, EY and KPMG didnt even look at my applicaiton as there were so many people in front of me.
Reply 6
yeah its been a tough year for consulting in general, EY and KPMG didnt even look at my applicaiton as there were so many people in front of me.

Same. Im applying to grad jobs and immediate starts now, but hardly any of them are entry level so im getting no where :/

Quick Reply

Latest