8013's Pursuit to a First at the most stressful uni in HK (Year 1)

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did work for four modules again yesterday.
Between my sports skills class and my lecture, I used the hour in between to complete a comp1021 past midterm exam, and got 91.5%, which is a really good score. I also analysed the two mistakes I made in very great detail so that I won't get those mistakes again.
I then used another hour to revise MECH1906 after lunch and before my LANG1113P project meeting. After the meeting I edited the script as soon as I got home, and rounded off the day with some practice for MATH1014. I worked for a total of six hours yesterday outside classes.
I am storming through the past exam questions for math1014 and comp1021 so far, which makes me competent enough for the midterm. This is worth the countless nights of practice until as late as midnight!
Last edited by 8013; 1 month ago
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Three midterms down, one to go.

MATH1014: I screwed up the long questions but did really well on multiple choice. I think I will get into the 50s (out of 70).

COMP1021: Bombed one question but the rest were fine. Ended up with 92%.
Rep:
(Original post by 8013)
AHHHHHH!
MIDTERM INCOMING!
My mech3110 midterm is on Monday, but I have prepared well. Just same as the IAL GYG, if I failed the midterm, the following will be the result of Manchester United vs Liverpool to be played on 22/10/2021:
Attachment 1033588
But if I get at least 1 SD above mean, this will be the result:
Attachment 1033589
I am sure that losing 4-0 to a fierce rival really hurts, and beating them 4-0 on their own turf is truly amazing, so this really motivates me!
I mean considering Liverpool's result at Old Trafford I should have completely smashed the midterm!
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The midterm results were all above the mean.
I got 83% for 3110 (mean is 78%), 81% for 1906 (mean is 77%), 74% for 1014 (mean is 48%) and 92% for 1021 (mean is 72%).

However, a bad run of form came in November, which caused me getting below mean in three assignments, one weighed 12% for 1021. I finally passed the mean again for 1906 assignment 3 by 2%, so this may be the turning point for me as I push for the final exams in December! I have finals only in 1014, 1021 and 1906, while I am working on my essay for 1113 and my report for 3110. I need to score high on my 1113 essay, as I bombed the discussion today!

As always, if I got below mean in any of the final exams, these will be Liverpool’s results over the Christmas period:
Tottenham 4-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-2 Leeds United
Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 4-0 Liverpool

But if I get all of them at least 1 SD above mean, the results are as follows:
Tottenham 0-5 Liverpool
Liverpool 5-0 Leeds United
Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool
That Seagull
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
One thing that always boggled me is why UST is so chur and open about calculating grades with means and SDs, that just fosters really unhealthy competition between classmates who should be working together to achieve the grades they want >_>

I get it's a lot more objective than a tutor giving out letter grades, but still. Jeez.
Rep:
(Original post by That Seagull)
One thing that always boggled me is why UST is so chur and open about calculating grades with means and SDs, that just fosters really unhealthy competition between classmates who should be working together to achieve the grades they want >_>

I get it's a lot more objective than a tutor giving out letter grades, but still. Jeez.
I have done practice on math1014 past midnight for 3 of the last 4 days. This is how chur it is.
Rep:
For two of the past three days, I did work for three modules each, which is really good!
On Tuesday, I first wrote half of the code for my last COMP1021 hand in lab, I cannot bomb it again! Then I got started on my LANG1113P essay, and finally added one paragraph to my MECH3110 report.
Yesterday, I did some practice on Taylor Series for MATH1014, followed by adding 500 characters to my LANG1113P essay.
I started off today by finishing off my COMP1021 hand in lab, then completed an assignment for MATH1014, and got started on the assignment for MECH1906.
aggggga
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi Guys,

Hope you are well!

Maybe it will help someone - I found this yt channel with study and focus music and it helps me to distract from social media. I feel like when it is quiet in my room i got distracted easily so I found out when i have music on I am more focus on study

https://youtu.be/uaCoS7mfJfc

https://youtu.be/91kvCzlNCuc

https://youtu.be/Ftr8wVwxDfg

https://youtu.be/C8INCZpbQuM

Many thanks
Aga
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads