The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usaid al-ani
Oh ok.
Do you think It will make the process/acceptance easier as less competitive? As they'll allocate me in the area with less applicants to places etc?

No, I don't think it will make any difference. I think there have been FOIs in the past showing a No Preference route actually had higher cut offs (by a few points)
Oh ok.
Do you think It will make the process/acceptance easier as less competitive? As they'll allocate me in the area with less applicants to places etc?

@_Rusty_ what do you think about this?

Original post by _Rusty_
Yes it is very hard to change.

The uni may consider a change for extenuating circumstances but there has to be explicit reason with evidence provided.

You may also be able to swap routes with someone but that would have to be done imminently. Also finding someone to swap is very hard!

I don't think I'll be in that stage but, if I wanted to swap with a student, should it be before April in year 2 or when?
And when will I know what route is chosen for me?
Original post by GANFYD
No, I don't think it will make any difference. I think there have been FOIs in the past showing a No Preference route actually had higher cut offs (by a few points)

Ok, thanks a lot 🙏
@_Rusty_ what do you think about this?
As GANFYD said, no

I don't think I'll be in that stage but, if I wanted to swap with a student, should it be before April in year 2 or when?
And when will I know what route is chosen for me?

It should be at the start of year 1 really. You'll apply for your chosen route, so I applied for Scottish route. Really just apply for where you want to go, you'll enjoy yourself much more if you are actually studying where you want to be:smile:
Yes, RUK…not heard anything :frown: May I ask your UCAT score.

Latest

Trending

Trending