The Student Room Group

what should I do for computer science new a level

hey guys now i have just startted yr12 and was told that i need to decide what topic i should do. i don't know which one is going to be both easiest but also get me high grades. these are my choices any ideas. if you have something better tell plz do tell me.
Booking System
Quiz
Commercial Website
Auction
Voting System
Original post by peteryoungy
hey guys now i have just startted yr12 and was told that i need to decide what topic i should do. i don't know which one is going to be both easiest but also get me high grades. these are my choices any ideas. if you have something better tell plz do tell me.
Booking System
Quiz
Commercial Website
Auction
Voting System

Hey PeterYoungy,

With any project, the reality is that the one that is easiest and you'll do best in is the one that you'll enjoy the most. If you enjoy working on a project, you'll want to work on it more, naturally spend more time on it, and so do better.

Think about:
- Which of these topics allow you to use technologies you enjoy?
- Which of these topics allow you to use technologies/languages you're familiar with?
- Which of these topics allow you to explore an area that you've wanted to explore but never had the opportunity to?
- Which of these topics can you relate to the most? e.g., if you're into gaming, you could make a commercial website for a game store
- Following on from the above, can you think of a real world context? Often times the best problems to solve are the ones that seem most "real"

Hope this helps - best of luck & have fun!
- Mikael, UoP Student Rep :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending