The Student Room Group

psychology degree

Hi I was wondering how scientific and maths based psychology courses typically are ? I'm worried it will be too hard to understand as I always assumed I would do a humanity but I'm loving psychology A-level Does it get a lot harder?
Reply 1
Original post by LM040404
Hi I was wondering how scientific and maths based psychology courses typically are ? I'm worried it will be too hard to understand as I always assumed I would do a humanity but I'm loving psychology A-level Does it get a lot harder?

Hi!
I understand your concern - I had the same worry before starting my degree as I really hated maths and science at school. However, I found the degree to be OK overall. With regards to maths and statistics - the software does the hard work for you nowadays! You will be required to learn to read and understand statistical output and to write it up, which can be a lot to take in, but don't let it put you off if you are interested in psychology. There is some biology involved, but it wasn't a big part of my degree, so I didn't find that too difficult. I managed to get a first with my absolutely rubbish math skills, so it is totally possible! I went with a qualitative study for my dissertation, which I think helped a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest