The Student Room Group

Self catered or catered?

So over the past two years I’ve had real problems with uni accommodations, people I met were always nice but my anxiety always got the better of me. First year I only stayed in hall for about a month until COVID got bad - I studied from home for the remained of the year. Whilst I was there I always felt awkward cooking in the kitchen and hanging around there. Weird thing is when drunk I’d have an absolute blast hanging out with everyone. Have just started halls again for my second year but am thinking of trying to change since I really don’t get on with my flat - I definitely don’t feel as awkward hanging around in my flat since it’s quite small but unfortunatelyI just don’t get on with them (not the kind of people who enjoy going out and having crazy night). I always thought I’d want to be in self catered since I didn’t like the idea of having to eat in a dining hall with others (worried I wouldn’t make friends and would be eating alone), but from my past experience in halls am now wondering if self catered is for me. Am looking for new halls and was wondering what may be the best idea for someone who is rather introverted and awkward but when good friends can be very outgoing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending