The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Is it really possible for one to 'fail to matriculate' ?

I'm not any one of them, but just wanna know if you have ever heard of someone being so?

This kinda pops my mind as this is something so fundamental that it doesn't seem to deserve an entire official school document to outline.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not any one of them, but just wanna know if you have ever heard of someone being so?

This kinda pops my mind as this is something so fundamental that it doesn't seem to deserve an entire official school document to outline.

Yes, of course you can fail to matriculate. If you don’t turn up in the right place at the right time for your uni and therefore don’t sign the formal paperwork to get yourself registered, then you have failed to matriculate
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Not to comment on this document but general advice to take through life - if there is a document that is niche in its topic and you wonder why it exists it is because at some point someone was aggrieved at their situation and argued with the organisation about how the policy did not apply to their situation. As a consequence of said argument the organisation covers its back against the gaping hole and writes a policy.

So to answer your question - yes someone has failed to matriculate.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, of course you can fail to matriculate. If you don’t turn up in the right place at the right time for your uni and therefore don’t sign the formal paperwork to get yourself registered, then you have failed to matriculate

Everything is done online now, isn't it ? Only students requiring visas & present in the town need to get the final step of their matriculation - ID check - done in person. I guess the chance is already very low. Hope that wouldn't happen to anyone though.
Original post by Anonymous
Everything is done online now, isn't it ? Only students requiring visas & present in the town need to get the final step of their matriculation - ID check - done in person. I guess the chance is already very low. Hope that wouldn't happen to anyone though.

Depends entirely how the Uni/College/Dept wants to run it. But I doubt everyone will be doing it remotely and even so, there are people who are admin-clusters who will still fail to complete any online forms in time.
Original post by threeportdrift
Depends entirely how the Uni/College/Dept wants to run it. But I doubt everyone will be doing it remotely and even so, there are people who are admin-clusters who will still fail to complete any online forms in time.

This is in the St Andrews uni forum, so the OP will be referring to St Andrews.

To the OP, everything this year and last year for matriculation was done online for me as a UK student. Even the ID check last year was done online through Teams.
Reply 6
Original post by SpaceLover29
This is in the St Andrews uni forum, so the OP will be referring to St Andrews.

To the OP, everything this year and last year for matriculation was done online for me as a UK student. Even the ID check last year was done online through Teams.

So everything is complete after ID check + receipt of 'matriculation complete - your SID no.' email , right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending