The Student Room Group

Feeling like ****

I havent really had time to revise maths and every week we get practice papers as hmw and in the last one I did soo bad my mock for maths is this Thursday and If i dont get a 7 im going to be soo disappointed in myself, ive even been staying back in maths and etc I was going to revise a bit today but I also had to revise music since I have a music mock tmr so haven’t had the time to revise maths and now im just stressing bc tmr imma be revising history and then i have so little time for maths bc on the same day I have chemistry and I HAVE TO get 7 or 8 in chem bc ive been revising it since summer
Original post by Sohello
I havent really had time to revise maths and every week we get practice papers as hmw and in the last one I did soo bad my mock for maths is this Thursday and If i dont get a 7 im going to be soo disappointed in myself, ive even been staying back in maths and etc I was going to revise a bit today but I also had to revise music since I have a music mock tmr so haven’t had the time to revise maths and now im just stressing bc tmr imma be revising history and then i have so little time for maths bc on the same day I have chemistry and I HAVE TO get 7 or 8 in chem bc ive been revising it since summer

Okay, it sounds to me like you're panicking here and that's perfectly normal. I would say you need to take a moment to sit back, relax a little, and get to see the whole problem that you're looking at here. If your music mock is tomorrow, then focus on that for tonight. That is tonight's priority, but do remember that getting a good night's sleep is quickly as important as doing well in your mocks as you'll do better if you're not completely exhausted by spending all night studying.

Tomorrow evening you can focus on doing your maths revision and work, seen as that mock is on Thursday. Again, remember to take some breaks and get some sleep. Are there particular areas that you struggle with? Focusing on those ones will be you more in the long run as you won't 'waste' time (it's not truly wasting time by revising but perhaps just not using it to the greatest effect) on studying things that you already know and are more comfortable with. Remember, mocks are just to show where your abilities are at that particular time and they don't have to be perfect. Plus, I'm sure you know more than you think you do; people often do.

Do you have mocks in history and chemistry coming up this week? If not, then just prioritise the subjects that have mocks this week during this week. You won't mess things up too badly by not revising those two subjects for a couple of days while you focus on studying for your upcoming mocks.

Just remember, you'll be okay and there's plenty of time before real exams start and that revision really matters the most. You've got this!

Quick Reply

Latest