The Student Room Group

Home office- eo asylum and protection directorate

Scroll to see replies

Applied in September got the offer in October ID verification in November and Jan 2022 HO recruitment emailed wanting to know why I hadn’t completed my CTC therefore it failed- which I was never sent. Finally mid Feb got the link for the CTC form which I had to chase many departments to get. They said they have fast tracked my application like many others but am still awaiting to hear back on clearance. Someone please tell me it’s worth the wait??

Anyone working in Manchester can give an insight on how the job is like?the staff?parking?how are the hours like?I believe they do flexible working where you can work part week from home is that correct? Don’t like the idea of not knowing what to expect. Tired of the wait now and could do with someone giving hope that the role of definelty worth the wait.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm in security checks limbo. I've been waiting 115 days for my CTC to update on the NSVS website.

Who know how long it will take.
Original post by Civilhopeful
I'm in security checks limbo. I've been waiting 115 days for my CTC to update on the NSVS website.

Who know how long it will take.

115 days!!!have you tried to email the NSV team for an update?where have you applied for?
Original post by CSlostsoul
115 days!!!have you tried to email the NSV team for an update?where have you applied for?

Phoned and emailed constantly. All they can state that is each case is unique and it takes as long as it takes. They cannot give an estimate for completion.

They could tell me that CTC takes on average 37 days to complete and some can be significantly longer. There is no context for this, is that weeks, months a year....who knows.

This is for an AO band in Asylum and Protection.
I hope they give you an answer soon. If you have lived abroad there can be a delay due to this. I still think 115 days is too long but don’t know their full process hope it works out for you eventually.

I applied for the EO in Asylum and protection but they only had 30 post per location so by the time my checks are done the post may be full and then will be put on a reserve list. Read that on another thread
Does anyone got their start date, or received the contract ???
@Diamond122 I am still on the security celerance phase. If you have passed yours then maybe you will hear soon, from what I have read others heard back within 3 weeks with start dates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending