Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Hi everyone!

I don't think anyone's made a thread yet, so I'm starting one here. This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newcastle for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
- What course are you applying for:
- What universities are you thinking of:
- A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
- GCSE grades:

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here.
@StrawberryDreams

Good luck!

Hi! I'm applying for Psychology. The Universities I am thinking about are: Newcastle (of course!), York, Liverpool, Leicester and potentially Chichester? My predicted grades are A*AA and my GCSE grades were 87776666655 :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by theroseinblake
Hi! I'm applying for Psychology. The Universities I am thinking about are: Newcastle (of course!), York, Liverpool, Leicester and potentially Chichester? My predicted grades are A*AA and my GCSE grades were 87776666655 :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by Jamiez123
Ahhhh okay, that makes sense thanks for explaining! I was also a bit shocked by the UCAT needed last year, it was like 2800+ but the highest before that was like 2730. Do you think it shot up because of lots of people recieving good teracher assesed grades?

Obviously I can’t say so for sure, but I suspect that’s part of it. A lot of the UCAT unis’ cutoff scores increased noticeably, especially Exeter, but that could also be because last year the ucat stats were higher than in previous years. It’s hard to tell what will happen this year as the cutoff depends on the strength of the applying cohort so even the university will still be working that out, but I could see it being similar to last year’s cutoff. One thing to note is that some candidates with scores in the 2700-2800s may have been discouraged from applying to Newcastle as a result of last year’s ucat cutoff and instead applied to universities like Manchester and Southampton. So it’s possible that the ucat cutoff may even fall slightly, although obviously nothing is confirmed at this stage
Obviously I can’t say so for sure, but I suspect that’s part of it. A lot of the UCAT unis’ cutoff scores increased noticeably, especially Exeter, but that could also be because last year the ucat stats were higher than in previous years. It’s hard to tell what will happen this year as the cutoff depends on the strength of the applying cohort so even the university will still be working that out, but I could see it being similar to last year’s cutoff. One thing to note is that some candidates with scores in the 2700-2800s may have been discouraged from applying to Newcastle as a result of last year’s ucat cutoff and instead applied to universities like Manchester and Southampton. So it’s possible that the ucat cutoff may even fall slightly, although obviously nothing is confirmed at this stage

I got 2740 and applied because all I had seen was the highest cut off being 2730. It was only after my ucas was sent I realised how high it was last year! Not really anything I can do about it now though other than hope it is lower this year than last.
I got 2740 and applied because all I had seen was the highest cut off being 2730. It was only after my ucas was sent I realised how high it was last year! Not really anything I can do about it now though other than hope it is lower this year than last.

Ahh I was in that position with Birmingham and Nottingham last year! (I’m a reapplicant). Fingers crossed it goes down! Where else did you apply?
I have applied to Newcastle(obvs haha), Exeter, Bristol and St Andrews. I am a bit nervous though because they all want reallyyyy high UCAT and mine is fairly strong but nothing insane! I think my tactical applications could have been a bit better but at the end of the day those are the unis I really wanted to go to so just thought go all or nothing really! haha

Wbu?

Ooh good luck!! I’ve applied to Bristol, King’s and East Anglia, but King’s is definitely a risk lol. Also, if you’re predicted A*A*A* you’d score really well in Exeter’s algorithm!
(edited 2 years ago)
I

Great Uni choices! Im predicted A*AA so hopefully that will help but i feel like most applicants have predicted grades in that region. At the end of the day there is nothing we can do right now that will change our chances of getting an interview. So im just gunna try stop thinking about it, work hard in my subjects and hope for the best! Good Luck, Keep me updated with any of your progress!

Yes of course, it’s just a matter of staying sane now lol. I’m only just starting interview preparation, I’m so behind! 😩

I hope your application goes well and keep me updated with your progress too!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I received an offer today to study Pharmacy at Newcastle :smile:

Congrats, what is your predicted and offer given by Newcastle if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by ashvinsingh
Congrats, what is your predicted and offer given by Newcastle if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks! I've been offered BBB and predicted A*AAAA in Welsh Bac, maths, biology, chemistry and psychology.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks! I've been offered BBB and predicted A*AAAA in Welsh Bac, maths, biology, chemistry and psychology.

Oh through partners I assume, how long did it take for you to get your partners offer?
Oh through partners I assume, how long did it take for you to get your partners offer?

I think it is a contextual offer due to my home postcode as I do not qualify for the partners, I received an offer roughly 2 weeks and 2 days of applying.
Just got invited to an interview day for Music!!
Original post by james.m64
Just got invited to an interview day for Music!!

Congrats!
Hi everyone!

I don't think anyone's made a thread yet, so I'm starting one here. This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newcastle for 2022 entry.

Ice breaker questions:
- What course are you applying for:
- What universities are you thinking of:
- A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
- GCSE grades:

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here.
@StrawberryDreams

Good luck!

Hey!

I've applied for and received an offer for Politics and International Relations - sent my application and received my offer on the same day which I was very surprised at :biggrin:

Also applying to York, Warwick, Lancaster and Loughborough. Also received an offer from York too :smile:

Predicted AAA and got 998888877 at GCSE :smile:

Best of luck to everyone applying!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by katy_s490
Hey!

I've applied for and received an offer for Politics and International Relations - sent my application and received my offer on the same day which I was very surprised at :biggrin:

Also applying to York, Warwick, Lancaster and Loughborough. Also received an offer from York too :smile:

Predicted AAA and got 998888877 at GCSE :smile:

Best of luck to everyone applying!

Yay! Good luck with your other choices!
Hi everyone!

Ice breaker questions:
- What course are you applying for: Pharmacy mpharm
- What universities are you thinking of: Birmingham Aston Manchester Newcastle Nottingham
- A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: AAB
- GCSE grades: 98887777765

@StrawberryDreams

Good luck!

What about everyone else?
What about everyone else?

Ooh good luck! I’ve applied to Newcastle, Bristol, UEA and King’s for medicine and hold a Newcastle biomed offer
Ooh good luck! I’ve applied to Newcastle, Bristol, UEA and King’s for medicine and hold a Newcastle biomed offer

Nice and thanks! What made you choose Newcastle?
Nice and thanks! What made you choose Newcastle?

It’s medicine selection procedures suited me well for a start because they place a high emphasis on the UCAT (the entrance exam). I also liked that it’s a campus uni and the city seemed really nice. Their course structure also suited me. I actually visited the uni a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. Hbu?
It’s medicine selection procedures suited me well for a start because they place a high emphasis on the UCAT (the entrance exam). I also liked that it’s a campus uni and the city seemed really nice. Their course structure also suited me. I actually visited the uni a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. Hbu?

I like that the placements are from year 1 and at a big hospital nearby where I’d be able to do my 5th year (foundation year) hopefully, I like the partners summer school scheme as it’d let me get used to studying independently and completing uni style work before starting university. It is about 2/2.5 hours away from me so is one of my further away options however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending