The Student Room Group

Caius Applicants 2022

Hi all - this is the official thread for those applying to Gonville & Caius College Cambridge for 2022 entry.

Feel free to introduce yourselves below; what courses are you applying for, what A levels you take, what predicted grades / achieved grades you have, if you're to take an admissions test, and the preparation for said admissions test, why Caius and why Cambridge?

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

May as well start:

I'm applying for (Physical) Natural Sciences, having to take the NSAA on 3 November, I take Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Chemistry A Levels, predicted 4A*, and I decided that NatSci seemed the perfect course for me as I adore science in general and am entirely open minded as to where I end up. My choice of Caius was quite arbitrary though, I just like the accom!
Reply 2
I'm applying to Caius as well for Maths.
I'm predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science and an A* in my EPQ.
It was initially between Maths and CS when deciding what to study and Maths was just more interesting so why not.
I don't have a Pre-interview admissions test but If I get an offer it would be conditional on grades in STEP.
Applied to Cambridge cos it's the best for Maths lol and I quite enjoy the STEP questions actually.
I chose Caius because I thought Stephen Hawking went here. Turns out he was a fellow and actually went to Trinity Hall but it is what it is lol.
Hi! I’m applying to Caius for Law.
I’m predicted 3 A*s in English Lit., Religious Studies and History as well as A* in my EPQ on the justifiability of the UK supreme court.
Obviously for Law there’s the CLT, as well as the LNAT for other unis I’m applying to (Bristol and Durham).
I chose Caius because it’s location is so good, especially for the humanities faculty. Also I’m a disadvantaged applicant and the funding grants for Caius are pretty good!
Original post by Cs115
I'm applying to Caius as well for Maths.
I'm predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science and an A* in my EPQ.
It was initially between Maths and CS when deciding what to study and Maths was just more interesting so why not.
I don't have a Pre-interview admissions test but If I get an offer it would be conditional on grades in STEP.
Applied to Cambridge cos it's the best for Maths lol and I quite enjoy the STEP questions actually.
I chose Caius because I thought Stephen Hawking went here. Turns out he was a fellow and actually went to Trinity Hall but it is what it is lol.

Im applying to maths as well, do you know how the second interview works? it seems to be slightly different to other colleges.
Reply 5
Original post by shizhaoyu
Im applying to maths as well, do you know how the second interview works? it seems to be slightly different to other colleges.

I think it's something like they give u a chapter to read or smth and then ask you questions on it. Sounds better tbh as I'd like to think I can absorb information quickly ahaha. What are ur A level predictions btw?
Reply 6
Original post by Cs115
I think it's something like they give u a chapter to read or smth and then ask you questions on it. Sounds better tbh as I'd like to think I can absorb information quickly ahaha. What are ur A level predictions btw?

Tbh tho I'm not sure how its gonna work with online interviews tho
Original post by Cs115

Original post by Cs115
Tbh tho I'm not sure how its gonna work with online interviews tho

4a*s and an a, but i dont think prediction matters for maths at cambridge, its pretty much just interview. may i ask for ur background if u dont mind. im international
Reply 8
4a*s and an a, but i dont think prediction matters for maths at cambridge, its pretty much just interview. may i ask for ur background if u dont mind. im international

Yeah, I agree it mostly comes down to interview and STEP. I'm international as well.
Original post by Cs115
Yeah, I agree it mostly comes down to interview and STEP. I'm international as well.

ah, did u pay for saq?
Reply 10
ah, did u pay for saq?

yeah
Hi I'm applying to Caius for Law
I study Geography, psychology and Spanish and am predicted A*A*A
Well obvs the CLT for Cambridge and then I did the LNAT for UCL and Bristol
I applied for Caius as it's a big college and it offers sm for the students and I think it just looks like a rlly nice sociable place. It's also rlly central too
I applied for cambridge because I rlly like look of the course and I want to go somewhere where theyll be a lot of driven and academic students, I also havent rlly ever been to anywhere like that before and i think the experience would be great
Original post by Cs115
yeah

what are ur other uni choices and where r u doing ur alevel?
Reply 13
what are ur other uni choices and where r u doing ur alevel?

My other choices are Imperial, UCL, Bath, Warwick. Wbu? I'm doing A levels in Dubai
Original post by Cs115
My other choices are Imperial, UCL, Bath, Warwick. Wbu? I'm doing A levels in Dubai

ic lse ucl ww, im studying in the uk, btw good luck with mat this week.
Reply 15
ic lse ucl ww, im studying in the uk, btw good luck with mat this week.

Oh I'm applying for Maths and CS at imperial rather than straight maths, but the rest are for just maths, so I don't have to do the MAT. I presume you're sitting it?
Original post by Cs115
Oh I'm applying for Maths and CS at imperial rather than straight maths, but the rest are for just maths, so I don't have to do the MAT. I presume you're sitting it?

ah yes, what about tmua?
Reply 17
ah yes, what about tmua?

Not doing that either but probably should've for warwick considering how easy it is. I'm going to be doing STEP anyways so it is what it is haha
Original post by Cs115
Not doing that either but probably should've for warwick considering how easy it is. I'm going to be doing STEP anyways so it is what it is haha

yh good luck mate
Reply 19
yh good luck mate

Yeah you too man hope we both get in ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending