The Student Room Group

Why would a guy stare at me for such a long time?

Okay, I’m sure it’s not romantic intentions. I won’t hope for it. I’m just curious about what’s going on in his head. What does he expect from me??

So, sometimes, this guy sits next to me in class or he sits at the other front table. I have tried to just converse with him a bit by asking hw questions. He answers but really, he doesn’t seem like he wants to be friends.

So, we had to get a peer-review partner. Sadly, I wasn’t able to be with my friends. I got assigned to him. I told him something about how I didn’t proofread my paper, and he said something like me too.

I spaced out. I felt nervous and kinda pissed that I had to work with him. Then, I realized he stopped talking. I looked back and he was staring me in the eye. He sits next to me. But he leaned forward and was just awfully close. I was surprised, confused, etc etc. I didn’t know what to say bc I was kinda stunned bc I don’t know this guy well, so what’s with this oddly intimate thing you know? I never stared at girl or guy friends in the eye like that. I glance here and there while talking. But it was just a long long pause. I look down and back up. He is still looking. I have no idea what is going. I then nod my head and he says feel free to message me about the work.

I mean, yeah yeah I’m maybe overthinking. But I don’t get what he wants from me. He doesn’t seem all that interested in being a friend. I feel he’s like the fake nice type and only cares if you have some use like I’m his work partner.

I don’t know. I don’t get what he wants. What does he expect from me?
Reply 1
He’s also the extrovert type. He should know it’s weird to stare at people especially when you’re sitting right next to them. He seems like he knows his social skills.
Reply 2
If he wanted to say something, he could have just repeated it instead of making things awkward with the long stare.
Reply 3
Thanks, guys. I can’t physically change my damn brain to stop overthinking. I have issues. I guess no one will even bother hearing me out and giving me an answer.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks, guys. I can’t physically change my damn brain to stop overthinking. I have issues. I guess no one will even bother hearing me out and giving me an answer.

This was a long time ago I see now, what ended up happening?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending