The Student Room Group

SOAS Korean and International Relations

Hi! @umbrellala I was thinking about doing Korean and International Relations at SOAS and I saw that there are 60 credits that are compulsory in both courses in each year. I was wondering if I could take extra modules in either course? Specifically the Korean course as I really want to take the K-Culture module in the first year which is 15 credits. Is this possible?
(edited 2 years ago)
Probably not, although SOAS in principle does let you audit non-language modules with the lecturer's permission (i.e. where you sit in on the lectures but don't submit any assignments/do any exams and don't receive credit for it). Whether that particular module/lecturer/department will allow it, I'm not sure.

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Probably not, although SOAS in principle does let you audit non-language modules with the lecturer's permission (i.e. where you sit in on the lectures but don't submit any assignments/do any exams and don't receive credit for it). Whether that particular module/lecturer/department will allow it, I'm not sure.

Spoiler

Ahhh okay, that makes sense :frown:. I’ll do a bit more research on what modules I could do in my 2nd year that are similar to it. Thank you!
Original post by Zixna
Hi! @umbrellala I was thinking about doing Korean and International Relations at SOAS and I saw that there are 60 credits that are compulsory in both courses in each year. I was wondering if I could take extra modules in either course? Specifically the Korean course as I really want to take the K-Culture module in the first year which is 15 credits. Is this possible?

Hey! Unfortunately it wouldn’t be possible, but you might be able to take it in later years as part of an open option :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending