The Student Room Group

Can I stick things into my sketchbook?

Lately I've been doing more research on portfolios as I'm going to be applying to a Visual Communications course.
I've just realised I'll need to bring a sketchbook to show my development of an idea and stuff but the problem is I would just sketch on loose pieces of paper because it was a hassle to bring a heavy sketchbook to college (and not needed as much because I mostly did digital).

So I'm wondering if I could just cut out and stick my sketches into a new sketchbook, or would that look bad? Is it worth just redrawing them straight into the page? Additionally, because I'm studying graphic design right now, a lot of my development of an idea and stuff is digital, would I print those out and stick them in?
Ask your teacher
Reply 2
Original post by grace.5
Lately I've been doing more research on portfolios as I'm going to be applying to a Visual Communications course.
I've just realised I'll need to bring a sketchbook to show my development of an idea and stuff but the problem is I would just sketch on loose pieces of paper because it was a hassle to bring a heavy sketchbook to college (and not needed as much because I mostly did digital).

So I'm wondering if I could just cut out and stick my sketches into a new sketchbook, or would that look bad? Is it worth just redrawing them straight into the page? Additionally, because I'm studying graphic design right now, a lot of my development of an idea and stuff is digital, would I print those out and stick them in?

Hi. On BA fine art 1st year. Last year it was all digital portfolio - ie PowerPoint presentation - so slides with finished work and your development ideas. However you present it - sketches, pages from your sketchbook print outs - they’ll want to see that in your portfolio. Your current teacher/tutor should be able to advise you

Quick Reply

Latest