The Student Room Group

I miss superior potato

Scroll to see replies

wait i remember superior potato!! am i allowed to ask why she went away or is that confidential?
Original post by harlz_chalamet
wait i remember superior potato!! am i allowed to ask why she went away or is that confidential?

she didnt leave i dont think she just got busy and stopped using tsr as much
Original post by Oxford Mum
Lots of the ones you mention above I got on very well with. I wonder what that says about me, lol? I guess I try to get on well with everyone.

Don't worry Miss Oxford Mum I still talk of you !!!! 😃
Reply 23
Lots of the ones you mention above I got on very well with. I wonder what that says about me, lol? I guess I try to get on well with everyone.

Haha me as well. But I have a lot of 'unsavoury' mates in real life so I'm not that surprised :lol:
Can't think of anyone I 'miss' tbh. People go, new users show up, that are usually more annoying than the last lot. I just don't pay that much attention unless they make a totally not attention seeking thread about the fact they are leaving.
Original post by CoolCavy
People's judgement might change if they actually had an insight into why certain people were banned.
People who are heralded as heroes or infamous are less savoury once the true circumstances of their banning come to light.
Alas VTs are not at liberty to discuss such things so people continue perpetuating the snowflake site narrative.

Fair points. I think that my judgement would change, had I known why people get banned but I’m not allowed to know which makes me judge the banned users very superficially i.e. what they post on public forums.

Your last point about the “snowflake site narrative” is also fantastic as it somewhat seems to be the default mentality that’s present here, even if it doesn’t seem like that from first glance. I guess I also own that mentality, to some extent. I never really thought about what happens behind the scenes and just believed that (some) users get banned for eccentric reasons, when that’s probably not the case.
Original post by Tracey_W
Don't worry Miss Oxford Mum I still talk of you !!!! 😃

Oh hi Tracey, haven't seen you in a while!
People's judgement might change if they actually had an insight into why certain people were banned.
People who are heralded as heroes or infamous are less savoury once the true circumstances of their banning come to light.
Alas VTs are not at liberty to discuss such things so people continue perpetuating the snowflake site narrative.

I think the snowflake site narrative comes more from observing our own warnings which are sometimes over minor disagreements or someone objecting to our tone rather than over posting anything malicious.

Though I do appreciate that VTs are not at liberty to discuss the reasons behind bans, which must be frustrating when other members are questioning the decision.
Can we not discuss offsite communications please, this is prohibited for a reason i.e safeguarding

Yessir, my bad
(Original post by nightingalegend)i know she’s changed her username but i still haven’t seem her posts anywhere? is she simply lurking jdjsh
I mean she sometimes reps my posts still, and I get the odd pm
remember the good old days of summer last year
Original post by nikkiblonsky

ah yes those were the days :yep:
Oh hi Tracey, haven't seen you in a while!

Hi
Miss Oxford Mum , yeah it been a while since we last spoken to each other.
Hope you ok otherwise x
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
Miss Oxford Mum , yeah it been a while since we last spoken to each other.
Hope you ok otherwise x

I am fine, and I hope you are ok too..
I am fine, and I hope you are ok too..

Good you are fine, I'm ok as well plus I do miss our PM messages as well... X
Oml I didn’t even know I had been edited
Posting to subscribe :smile:
If you look at the link you just quoted you can read what the rules are on discussing moderation on the site. You agreed to those rules when you made your account. If you have further questions I'd welcome a PM.
Original post by nikkiblonsky

summer last year was a vibe :yep:
Nein. :fuhrer:

Quick Reply

Latest