The Student Room Group

A female colleague teases me at the language course.

A woman (30) who attends Dutch language course with me (24M) tends to tease me a lot. I can be quite absent-minded and daydreaming, resulting in me being a slug or missing something. She jokingly calls me on that. Moreover, she went once out of way to nag me when I didn't know something general that she sees as something everyone should know.

She has a fiancee and I doubt this behavior would mean anything sexual as people often say, when there is a tease between the opposite sexes. However, I don't think she is mean spirited but still, her behavior annoys me. She is goofy, playful and we tend to get along on breaks. But at one point after messing with me again, she playfully announced that she will continue to do so. I didn't answer anything to that.

She is annoying but it feels too light hearted for me to go off on her verbally. I got her quite once when I made a witty remark. She still does it from time to time. It's hard to be quick witted and come with a good comeback, considering that we both still learn Dutch and our language is not perfect. Maybe it's ingrained in Latino culture to tease other people a lot. She is Colombian. It's immature for a 30 years old woman to behave like this in my opinion.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
have you tried just telling her you dont like it?????
Reply 2
Original post by gubbins
have you tried just telling her you dont like it?????

Yeah, might as well just do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending