The Student Room Group

Failing chemistry and biology a level

Hi , so in year 12 I used to do fine or average and get C’s in my kicks and exams now in year 13 I’m getting consistent D’s,E’s and even sometimes U’s and I’m just completely failing , I’m beginning to lose hope and time is going fast does anyone have any advice , it’s making me quite depressed and I already have severe mental issues and home problems and my grades are feeling like the last straw :/
Reply 1
Original post by Chi2020
Hi , so in year 12 I used to do fine or average and get C’s in my kicks and exams now in year 13 I’m getting consistent D’s,E’s and even sometimes U’s and I’m just completely failing , I’m beginning to lose hope and time is going fast does anyone have any advice , it’s making me quite depressed and I already have severe mental issues and home problems and my grades are feeling like the last straw :/

Is a tutor affordable?
i would recomment reading the chapter then completing the end of chapter questions using the book

then go over the mistakes, try again another time without/ limiting use of the book and then without the book/ notes

then once youve half learned the content start past papers early!!!! use the same technique
use notes
limit the use of notes
dont use notes and redo the papers
Reply 3
Don't overreact
Original post by Chi2020

I've copied and pasted what I've put in my thread :smile:

Spoiler

Hope it helps. You've got this! We're cheering you on. Believe in yourself. You're nearly there. You've come so far. Please don't give up.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest