The Student Room Group

BTEC applied science Unit 7 2022- Contemporary issues in science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Studentherexxxx
That’s a good point. You can also mention that statics and graphs should be used to show how well stem cell therapy is

send me your snapchat i can help you out with your notesXXXX
Do you have any more notesss!

yea but not for you. exchange me some of your notes and ill think about it:wink:
Original post by joey20037
send me your snapchat i can help you out with your notesXXXX

If I write it here will it still show if I delete the message

Can I send my insta

im only joking your in it for yourself hahahahahhaha
yea but not for you. exchange me some of your notes and ill think about it:wink:

Yes I will. What do you want

Lol wont cost you anything to be helpful. It’s not as if I wasn’t willing to give notes to help you. Oh well
im only joking your in it for yourself hahahahahhaha

idk maybe we can exchange notes tomorrow over dinner???? call it a date?
idk maybe we can exchange notes tomorrow over dinner???? call it a date?

hey there sorry for my inapropriateness. fprgive meeeeeeee
you mean statistics* well i mean that is a generic point not sure you will get a merit with points like that:smile:?!?!?!?

Yeah well that’s why i was hoping for your help🥺
Lol wont cost you anything to be helpful. It’s not as if I wasn’t willing to give notes to help you. Oh well

hahahahahahahagaga
hey there sorry for my inapropriateness. fprgive meeeeeeee

U mean “forgive”. Also sure just give me some points for q4
can we just talk about the political and economic state of the world right now??
Original post by quantaviouscooch
can we just talk about the political and economic state of the world right now??

jaden smith does BTEC???
Original post by I didn’t ask
jaden smith does BTEC???

nah Quantavious Cooch does
(edited 1 year ago)
I assume you mean the one in may? I took that exam, I don't think I did that well as I didn't manage to finish question 5 and only wrote 2 or 3 vague points for question 4. But for the first 3 questions my content was very good. Did you speak about the bias as for the first article it was by vhf and the second was by a guy who is invested in a stem cell company so there is bias there. Also did you talk about the fact that in q1 it will increase life expectancy for the elderly which means more money on resources and more land being used up which is an environmental factor.
Original post by Idk1092
Is anyone doing this exam next week?

how many marks do you think you got and how well did you think it went
Original post by Sami_992
I assume you mean the one in may? I took that exam, I don't think I did that well as I didn't manage to finish question 5 and only wrote 2 or 3 vague points for question 4. But for the first 3 questions my content was very good. Did you speak about the bias as for the first article it was by vhf and the second was by a guy who is invested in a stem cell company so there is bias there. Also did you talk about the fact that in q1 it will increase life expectancy for the elderly which means more money on resources and more land being used up which is an environmental factor.

That q1 is a bit of a stretch but it makes sense, for q1 you need atleast three implications for each article and be able to link them with eachother, q2 was simple. Q3 you were meant to talk about bias but also validity and data gathering issues and advantages. As long as you got that you’d be fine q5 and 4 is for that push to a distinctions
yh for q3 there was bias in the first 2 articles, article 3 was checked by multiple scientists before being published, I also spoke about target audience where bhf targets donors and for article 2 they target investors as there's a lot of economical information and the writer is an investor in stem cells. Then article 3 is aimed at scientists, I wrote more but I forgot the rest. Did you get those? Also how may marks for a near pass or a pass?
Original post by I didn’t ask
That q1 is a bit of a stretch but it makes sense, for q1 you need atleast three implications for each article and be able to link them with eachother, q2 was simple. Q3 you were meant to talk about bias but also validity and data gathering issues and advantages. As long as you got that you’d be fine q5 and 4 is for that push to a distinctions
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sami_992
yh for q3 there was bias in the first 2 articles, article 3 was checked by multiple scientists before being published, I also spoke about target audience where bhf targets donors and for article 2 they target investors as there's a lot of economical information and the writer is an investor in stem cells. Then article 3 is aimed at scientists, I wrote more but I forgot the rest. Did you get those? Also how may marks for a near pass or a pass?

you need like 15 marks to pass, you do know that question 3 was only for one article which is article 3 right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending