The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

MPhil in Economics at Cambridge 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asdkjl213
For UCL/LSE, it is typically a first class and a first average in your final year

Thank you so much!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by ....lalala
Just moved to Pao for Econ Research!

Congratssss!!!
Hey guys, congratulations! Did you get notified via email that the portal changed to PAO? Or did you just happen to log in and check? Thanks!
Original post by User2347
Hey guys, congratulations! Did you get notified via email that the portal changed to PAO? Or did you just happen to log in and check? Thanks!

They won't notify you, you will have to log in to check.
Reply 64
Hi guys. Is anyone still under PAO? The wait is logorating
Reply 65
Original post by C99ogL
Hi guys. Is anyone still under PAO? The wait is logorating

Yup. But I also only moved to PAO on Monday. My impression is that it can take a few weeks.
Reply 66
Same here, moved to PAO on Sunday. By the way, does being under PAO mean that you are almost certainly in or can you be rejected even at this stage?
helo
Original post by C99ogL
Same here, moved to PAO on Sunday. By the way, does being under PAO mean that you are almost certainly in or can you be rejected even at this stage?

If you come from a relatively well-known university, your grades satisfy the minimum requirement of the course, and most importantly your transcript is legitimate, then you are 99.9% in.
Reply 69
Original post by weiherng
If you come from a relatively well-known university, your grades satisfy the minimum requirement of the course, and most importantly your transcript is legitimate, then you are 99.9% in.

Thank you very much
Anyone else still under review? Second year applying after getting pooled and then rejected last year.
Original post by Bobbobbob
Anyone else still under review? Second year applying after getting pooled and then rejected last year.

exactly in the same position.
Original post by nitesh10
exactly in the same position.

Can't remember where I saw but I think there was a significant jump in applications last year. Hoping slightly fewer applied this year!

Also, I do wonder whether applicants that haven't been working for a year or two after finishing their undergrads are preferred as applicants..
Reply 73
Can't remember where I saw but I think there was a significant jump in applications last year. Hoping slightly fewer applied this year!

Also, I do wonder whether applicants that haven't been working for a year or two after finishing their undergrads are preferred as applicants..

Yes, there was a significant jump last year. Here are the statistics: https://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/postgraduate-studies/mphil-economics/key-facts

Personally, I don't think working will lower your chances in any way. I hope you will get it soon because I do understand how torturous it may be. Did you apply to other courses as well?
has anyone heard back from the PAO? its been nearly a week :frown:
Original post by arthusdeweston
has anyone heard back from the PAO? its been nearly a week :frown:

PAOed last Monday, still no news.
PAOed last Monday, still no news.

me too
how long do we normally have to wait ?
Personally, I don't think working will lower your chances in any way. I hope you will get it soon because I do understand how torturous it may be. Did you apply to other courses as well?

Thanks :smile: I haven't actually; I've been pretty set on Cambridge for the last couple of years. I am considering applying for International Political Economy at LSE this year also tho.
Original post by arthusdeweston
me too
how long do we normally have to wait ?

I am not so sure myself. The official timeline on the website is 7 days but it's a peak period now so I guess we just have to wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending