Mental health of students going to uni 2022

Watch
gcseismad
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello guys, i just wanted to ask how everyone is feeling about uni at the current stage of their life? How do you think covid has impacted your mindset and study habits?

Personal reason:
I think that covid has made me lazy and more illusioned to the fact that there would be no more exams in the future going ahead. This idea just prevents me from studying and making any effort. I feel like i need a gap year to get over the 2 years of disrupted learning at college.
flurryiscute
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 days ago
im just burnt out from all the extra work I've had to do bc of covid at this point so idk i feel pretty neutral but that's probably bc I'm (not to sound emo but) numb & tired.

I feel like i would be wayyy more excited/thrilled to start uni if covid never happened bc now i don't even know if I'll be able to fly to wherever i end up studying due to the covid/omicron situation since I'm applying abroad :/

and if exams don't go ahead this year I'm ****ed since all my tests/mocks aren't as good as i want them to be.
gcseismad
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by flurryiscute)
im just burnt out from all the extra work I've had to do bc of covid at this point so idk i feel pretty neutral but that's probably bc I'm (not to sound emo but) numb & tired.

I feel like i would be wayyy more excited/thrilled to start uni if covid never happened bc now i don't even know if I'll be able to fly to wherever i end up studying due to the covid/omicron situation since I'm applying abroad :/

and if exams don't go ahead this year I'm ****ed since all my tests/mocks aren't as good as i want them to be.
I get you, the same here. My grades are kind of poor but I want to still pull through and get through A-levels and stop relying on school teachers and to teaching myself the content and do as many exam questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.19%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.74%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (133)
25.73%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.32%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.48%

Watched Threads