The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Advice Needed!

Hi all,

I am hoping to reach current or postgrad design students to ask them some questions regarding the design courses that Open University offers.

I am trying to get into the field of graphic design - most companies prefer a person to have a degree (hence the OU interest). My questions to design students is which design degree would best suit me? I’m looking at either “Design and Innovation” or “Computing, IT & Design”.

In addition, it states that a part-time degree would take me 6 years - is there any way I can get it done quicker? I can’t commit full-time as I have a job. However, I do believe I would be able to get the degree completed sooner than 6 years. Is this possible?

I’m hoping this reaches the right people!
Thanks,
Megan :smile:
Reply 1
You don't have to commit to full time (classed as 120 credits a year) but, for example, one or two years you could do 90 credits which would allow you to get through the degree in less than 6 years. It all depends on your own circumstances. Personally, I found 90 credits manageable at level 1 but when it got to level 3 I stuck to the 60 credits.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest