The Student Room Group

How can I keep door closed?

So I live in a rented house and the doors are so weak. When it's windy, the doors creak open loudly if I have windows open. I need to have windows open it it gets really stuffy as room are small. Plus I share a room with someone who wakes up around 4am and they don't shut the door properly and it ends up creaking open and wakes me up and I lose sleep. It's been happening a lot lately. I thought about getting a door stop but that only works for the inside of the room right? If you open and close door to leave the room won't the doorstop move away then the door will creak open. It's so annoying but I need to keep the door closed somehow without damaging it because I'm losing sleep, I have to get out of bed and close the door at 4am then it takes me a while to get back to sleep. Any ideas? Will a door stop work or not?
Put a towel over the top of the door which will add more friction.
Install a sturdy latch or deadbolt, ensuring the door remains securely shut. Alternatively, use a doorstopper or wedge to prevent it from swinging open. For added security, consider a smart lock system controlled remotely via smartphone. Simple solutions like these ensure your door stays closed reliably.

Latest

Trending

Trending