The Student Room Group

complaining about neighbours

I want to make a formal complaint about my neighbours as they purposely keep waking me up at 5;30 and I also have heart problems and anxiety.

But the only problem is I have souted stuff back at them like their daughter who bangs the doors on purpose then laughs, I 've shouted back at her calling her ugly and I did shout ***** to the mum and daughter as they screamed at 1am woke me up in shock and when I shouted shut up the daughter starts banging doors again and I shouted ***** and also I have shouted calling them idiots when they wake me u early as I woke up in shock

The problem is I wake up everyday shocked and get annoyed and even if i don't react they do it more till i get angry then laugh, but I don't know if they have recorded me getting annoyed

personally I don't think what I have said is that bad

Can they complain about me if I make a noise complaint against them
Original post by Anonymous
I want to make a formal complaint about my neighbours as they purposely keep waking me up at 5;30 and I also have heart problems and anxiety.

But the only problem is I have souted stuff back at them like their daughter who bangs the doors on purpose then laughs, I 've shouted back at her calling her ugly and I did shout ***** to the mum and daughter as they screamed at 1am woke me up in shock and when I shouted shut up the daughter starts banging doors again and I shouted ***** and also I have shouted calling them idiots when they wake me u early as I woke up in shock

The problem is I wake up everyday shocked and get annoyed and even if i don't react they do it more till i get angry then laugh, but I don't know if they have recorded me getting annoyed

personally I don't think what I have said is that bad

Can they complain about me if I make a noise complaint against them

I mean maybe if you didn't flip them off like that and asked them rather nicely, then they would have listened, and I understand how annoying it is but there is a solution. You could record proof of them sounds and noises that they make and send it to your council and tell them about the noise complaint and they get a warning so they won't do it again. Tell them about your health issues too to make it more convincing.
It's really pathetic that they're waking up at bloody 5:30 am just to annoy you. How sad is their lives*
Original post by Ytftgy7g7yby7
I mean maybe if you didn't flip them off like that and asked them rather nicely, then they would have listened, and I understand how annoying it is but there is a solution. You could record proof of them sounds and noises that they make and send it to your council and tell them about the noise complaint and they get a warning so they won't do it again. Tell them about your health issues too to make it more convincing.
It's really pathetic that they're waking up at bloody 5:30 am just to annoy you. How sad is their lives*

I mean I only wake up 5:00 to revise for my GCSE exams so that's stupid of them.
Reply 3
Original post by Ytftgy7g7yby7

Hey thanks for replying, we did ask nicely before and they didn't listen so i started to knock on the walls an dthen thye started to do it even more
Original post by Anonymous
Hey thanks for replying, we did ask nicely before and they didn't listen so i started to knock on the walls an dthen thye started to do it even more

Yeah that's where you must file a noise complaint to stop this or else it could result in moving neighbourhood but your neighbours are really absurd for waking up at 5:30 in the morning just to annoy someone.
This is pure nuisance and I get how annoying it is. I suggest you have a close conversation with them and tell them how much inconvenience they cause you. If they’re unwilling to listen to you and start making trouble, avoid exchanging words with them and drop the information you intend to give.

Then again, if the noise persists, you should consider laying a noise complaint to the relevant authorities and go with your evidence showing that you have tried having a peaceful conversation with them and they’ve been heady on that. Also take with you evidence of the odd hours you’re forced to wake as a result of their noise and how intense the noise is.

If these remedies are not effective, I think you should consider getting a peaceful space that wouldn’t cause you headaches. It’s best for you to live in a student’s area where the majority has the same mindset and there are authorities controlling the environment

Chuks
University of Bradford Alumni Rep
Reply 6
Original post by Bradford Rep
This is pure nuisance and I get how annoying it is. I suggest you have a close conversation with them and tell them how much inconvenience they cause you. If they’re unwilling to listen to you and start making trouble, avoid exchanging words with them and drop the information you intend to give.

Then again, if the noise persists, you should consider laying a noise complaint to the relevant authorities and go with your evidence showing that you have tried having a peaceful conversation with them and they’ve been heady on that. Also take with you evidence of the odd hours you’re forced to wake as a result of their noise and how intense the noise is.

If these remedies are not effective, I think you should consider getting a peaceful space that wouldn’t cause you headaches. It’s best for you to live in a student’s area where the majority has the same mindset and there are authorities controlling the environment

Chuks
University of Bradford Alumni Rep

Hey, they bever open the door when we knock, even when the postman had accidently delivered our mail to them they left it partway in their post box and when my sister was ringing the bell and knocking to get the post they did not open it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending