The Student Room Group

Oxford MSc in Advanced Computer Science 2022 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MLStudent
Received my interview invitation today!

Congrats and good luck! When did you apply and what is your background?
Original post by StudyAbroad2022
Congrats and good luck! When did you apply and what is your background?

Thanks!! I applied at the end of November. I’m an international applicant. Just finished my undergrad. Have only one publication in a top conference but it’s not really research heavy. My other research projects aren’t published but pretty good imo. Have a bunch of work experience in machine learning applications and research. Top student at uni. My 1st and 2nd year marks are so so but my 3rd and 4th years marks are all above 90. All in all I wouldn’t consider myself a super strong applicant but definitely good enough in my head.
(edited 2 years ago)
Thanks!! I applied at the end of November. I’m an international applicant. Just finished my undergrad. Have only one publication in a top conference but it’s not really research heavy. My other research projects aren’t published but pretty good imo. Have a bunch of work experience in machine learning applications and research. Top student at uni. My 1st and 2nd year marks are so so but my 3rd and 4th years marks are all above 90. All in all I wouldn’t consider myself a super strong applicant but definitely good enough in my head.

Sounds like a strong background! Good luck in the interview! Feel free to share your experience after the interview
Received my interview invitation today!!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your background? Previous uni, grades, etc.
If we haven't received an interview invitation by now is it a rejection?
Original post by stevenball
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your background? Previous uni, grades, etc.

I gave my background above.

Basically I don't want to explicitly say just for privacy sake but its the best university in the continent I live in but its not super impressive.
Original post by rosie2213
If we haven't received an interview invitation by now is it a rejection?

I don't think so, I'd say after next week it'll be more likely but still not a definite.
I don't think so, I'd say after next week it'll be more likely but still not a definite.

Last year many people got an offer without an interview so it is hard to tell - we don’t know what they intend to do this year
(edited 2 years ago)
Did anyone have an interview today? I am supposed to have one soon and I was wondering what type of questions they tend to ask, whether it is more project-based or purely technical knowledge questions. Any ideas?
Original post by lia999123
Did anyone have an interview today? I am supposed to have one soon and I was wondering what type of questions they tend to ask, whether it is more project-based or purely technical knowledge questions. Any ideas?

Unfortunately I can’t speak from experience, but last year it was mostly behavioral. In previous years it used to be more technical. If I were you, I would have been preparing for both.

Do you mind sharing a little bit about your background and when you applied?
Reply 30
Original post by lia999123

Hey! When did you get an email for the interview?
Original post by avery7
I received the interview invitation this morning and it's scheduled next Monday. I'm getting nervous as well lol.

How was it?
Original post by jliu15
I also received an interview invitation today, and it is scheduled for next Tuesday. So nervous and could not believe it! Thanks for sharing past resources

How did you find it?
Reply 33
I finished the interview yesterday. It was all about technical questions based on courses listed on my transcript - some algorithms and statistics. I would say those were fair questions, nothing too tricky, though I was stuck on them for quite a bit.
Good luck everyone on your interviews & application in general!
I had the interview today. I was asked mainly about previous experience that I talked about in my statement of purpose (and CV). Nothing technical, surprisingly?
How did others find it?
Worst experience of my life - only technical questions that I haven’t done for years and didn’t really know how to do it.
Mine was also almost all technical questions.
Reply 37
Original post by OxfordACS22
I had the interview today. I was asked mainly about previous experience that I talked about in my statement of purpose (and CV). Nothing technical, surprisingly?
How did others find it?

Seems to be really mixed in terms of technical and non-technical hopefully i’ll receive an interview offer this week but not expecting anything yet - good luck to all of you!
Original post by Siris_
Seems to be really mixed in terms of technical and non-technical hopefully i’ll receive an interview offer this week but not expecting anything yet - good luck to all of you!

Did you have an interview @Siris_? When did you apply?
Reply 39
Original post by StudyAbroad2022
Did you have an interview @Siris_? When did you apply?

I haven’t had an offer as of yet, not sure if I’ll get one but just praying at this point!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending