The Student Room Group

Can someone pay off my tuition fees and debt for work while earning a salary?

just want to know if this possible?
Original post by baconhatesbeef
just want to know if this possible?

You will be paying it back .. its your SFE
Original post by Muttley79
You will be paying it back .. its your SFE

I mean like can someone pay it off while earning a properly salary?

Why would anyone pay off your SFE debt?

say for example I do work for someone for a x amount of years while earning a salary and they pay off my debt
Original post by Muttley79
Why would anyone pay off your SFE debt?

Some employers do it like they sponsor you
Reply 6
say for example I do work for someone for a x amount of years while earning a salary and they pay off my debt

yes - but why? Why don't they just pay some extra on your salary instead? I could think of some reasons but doubt they would apply.
Reply 7

Only really under an apprenticeship (using apprentice levy funding) - these monies cant be used once you've graduated to pay the course fees for the course you've graduated from.
Original post by ajj2000
Only really under an apprenticeship (using apprentice levy funding) - these monies cant be used once you've graduated to pay the course fees for the course you've graduated from.

what do u mean?

I've not heard of that - you pay off a certain % if your salary is over a certain amount and after 30 years it's wiped anyway.
what do u mean?

Most - almost all - degree apprenticeships use a funding method called the apprenticeship levy. Employers don't pay for something they can get for free!

Just wondering - is this an idea you've come across on the internet? If so it might be from a country with different tax rules.
Original post by ajj2000
Most - almost all - degree apprenticeships use a funding method called the apprenticeship levy. Employers don't pay for something they can get for free!

Just wondering - is this an idea you've come across on the internet? If so it might be from a country with different tax rules.

Yeah i saw this on Exeter website for apprenticeship but im not sure how to apply. Can you explain what this mean:

The Diagnostic Radiographer Degree Apprenticeship does not follow the standard UCAS application process. Applicants can apply to this programme in addition to making applications to any institution through UCAS. To gain a place on an apprenticeship applicants must either:

Be employed within a radiography department - employers must have arrangements in place with the University of Exeter to support an apprenticeship education. Employers are responsible for ensuring applicants meet the Fitness to Practice requirements of the programme. Pre-employment checks will include occupational health screening and DBS checks; fulfilment of these to the satisfaction of the employer is a prerequisite for entry onto this programme.

Apply directly to a department offering diagnostic radiographer apprenticeship vacancies. Once applicants hold the offer of a post, employers will notify the University. Applicants will then be required to undertake an application for the University. If an applicant has been successful they will be offered a position. A place will be confirmed by us, and we will send further information about how to enrol as an apprentice.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah i saw this on Exeter website for apprenticeship but im not sure how to apply. Can you explain what this mean:

The Diagnostic Radiographer Degree Apprenticeship does not follow the standard UCAS application process. Applicants can apply to this programme in addition to making applications to any institution through UCAS. To gain a place on an apprenticeship applicants must either:

Be employed within a radiography department - employers must have arrangements in place with the University of Exeter to support an apprenticeship education. Employers are responsible for ensuring applicants meet the Fitness to Practice requirements of the programme. Pre-employment checks will include occupational health screening and DBS checks; fulfilment of these to the satisfaction of the employer is a prerequisite for entry onto this programme.

Apply directly to a department offering diagnostic radiographer apprenticeship vacancies. Once applicants hold the offer of a post, employers will notify the University. Applicants will then be required to undertake an application for the University. If an applicant has been successful they will be offered a position. A place will be confirmed by us, and we will send further information about how to enrol as an apprentice.

yes - standard degree apprenticeship by the look of it. You can apply to as many degree apprenticeships as you like (plus 5 UCAS options). To get into the Exeter course you must:

- work for an employer who will support the course, or

- apply for a job with an employer which recruits apprentices for this course.

Do you want to study radiography?
Original post by ajj2000
yes - standard degree apprenticeship by the look of it. You can apply to as many degree apprenticeships as you like (plus 5 UCAS options). To get into the Exeter course you must

- work for an employer who will support the course, or

- apply for a job with an employer which recruits apprentices for this course.

Do you want to study radiography?

Yes I contacted a radiography department in a hospital if they would would offer it but had no response yet.
Yes I contacted a radiography department in a hospital if they would would offer it but had no response yet.

ok - what you could do:
- call Exeter and find out which employers send their trainees there
- google 'degree apprenticeship radiography' and see what comes up.
Original post by ajj2000
ok - what you could do:
- call Exeter and find out which employers send their trainees there
- google 'degree apprenticeship radiography' and see what comes up.

Oh okay, some degrees vary offering level 4 and band 6. what does this mean?
Oh okay, some degrees vary offering level 4 and band 6. what does this mean?

level 4 is a level above A levels. Level 6 is bachelors degree level.
Original post by ajj2000
level 4 is a level above A levels. Level 6 is bachelors degree level.

Ah okay thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending