The Student Room Group

Minds underground - medicine competiton mentor

I'm thinking of entering this competition, and the competition offer mentors that help you write the essay. Is it worth paying for a mentor?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by val7322
I'm thinking of entering this competition, and the competition offer mentors that help you write the essay. Is it worth it?

Hi there.

It sounds like a great opportunity, upon googling, and if you do have the time to do it alongside A levels then do go for it. Just don't neglect your A levels due to it though.

I personally would have loved to get involved but I'm no longer at college.

Good luck to you though :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

It sounds like a great opportunity, upon googling, and if you do have the time to do it alongside A levels then do go for it. Just don't neglect your A levels due to it though.

I personally would have loved to get involved but I'm no longer at college.

Good luck to you though :smile:

Sorry, I meant is it worth paying for a mentor. its £70 per hour
Original post by val7322

That's unnecessarily expensive no?
Reply 4
Original post by KA_P
That's unnecessarily expensive no?

Thats what I was thinking, but then I was threatened by the fact that other people had that advantage
Original post by val7322
Thats what I was thinking, but then I was threatened by the fact that other people had that advantage

I really don't think it's worth the money, if you need to pay for someone to mentor you to win, won't you feel that much more proud of yourself if you did it without all of that?
Original post by val7322

That's crazy - there are of other ways to improve your application for medicine such as volunteering :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by KA_P
I really don't think it's worth the money, if you need to pay for someone to mentor you to win, won't you feel that much more proud of yourself if you did it without all of that?

oooo yeah, i didn't think about that. I wont waste my money then
Reply 8
Original post by TriplexA
That's crazy - there are of other ways to improve your application for medicine such as volunteering :smile:

I'll still do the competition, just not with a mentor. the competition will be an invaluable experience cause the question I want to do is about NHS and the aging population, which would give me an advantage in interviews
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by val7322
oooo yeah, i didn't think about that. I wont waste my money then

Best of luck!
Reply 10
Original post by KA_P
Best of luck!

thank youuuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending