The Student Room Group

what uni degree shall i do? help a year 13.

Hi guys, im at a very stressful time of my life where I don't know what I wanna study or do. i applied to unis for business with law (qmul) and law for other unis but I realised, this is not the route I want to go. i want to get into something what I'm interested in, which would be like fashion and business or marketing. but now I have received offers I don't know what to do. also as a btec business student, I'm pretty sure I cant even do fashion.. so what do u think I should do
Reply 1
Original post by raniaaaaa
Hi guys, im at a very stressful time of my life where I don't know what I wanna study or do. i applied to unis for business with law (qmul) and law for other unis but I realised, this is not the route I want to go. i want to get into something what I'm interested in, which would be like fashion and business or marketing. but now I have received offers I don't know what to do. also as a btec business student, I'm pretty sure I cant even do fashion.. so what do u think I should do

If you are not sure what you want to do, keep your application open just so you can see what happens, but don’t worry about taking a year or so out while you figure out what you want to do and how to get there.

If you spend a year focusing on what you want to do you can get part time jobs to keep you motivated etc. For example working in clothing stores (starting to get experience with sales, fashion customer service etc)

There’s no point being stuck in a course you don’t feel motivated to do because you don’t enjoy it, it’s also a lot of money to spend on something you are not interested and invested in.

Look at entry requirements for the courses you may be interested in, see if they have any subject requirements some may ‘like to see them’ but not necessarily have them as a requirement.

Ultimately the decision is up to you, and what you think is best.
Reply 2
Original post by =Esme=
If you are not sure what you want to do, keep your application open just so you can see what happens, but don’t worry about taking a year or so out while you figure out what you want to do and how to get there.

If you spend a year focusing on what you want to do you can get part time jobs to keep you motivated etc. For example working in clothing stores (starting to get experience with sales, fashion customer service etc)

There’s no point being stuck in a course you don’t feel motivated to do because you don’t enjoy it, it’s also a lot of money to spend on something you are not interested and invested in.

Look at entry requirements for the courses you may be interested in, see if they have any subject requirements some may ‘like to see them’ but not necessarily have them as a requirement.

Ultimately the decision is up to you, and what you think is best.

Also see if you get get into any tester days or course experience days to see if you could see yourself studying that particular subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending