The Student Room Group

LNAT Rejection

I was rejected from UCL and told:

"Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT was judged not to be as strong as that of other applicants"

So does this mean that:

A) My multiple choice score was too low? (I achieved a 22 and this years average was 20)
or B) My essay was not quite good enough?

It's really bugging me so any help will be apreciated, cheers

Nate
Original post by NateChap

A) My multiple choice score was too low? (I achieved a 22 and this years average was 20)

At most LNAT Unis, usually the two scores are combined to give one overall score.

Btw, 20 at LNAT is not a particulary good MCQ score - 'average' is essentially a middling-score, not 'what you need to get an offer'.
I suspect UCLs cut-off (if they use one) would have been far higher than that.

"Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT was judged not to be as strong as that of other applicants"

So does this mean that:

It's really bugging me so any help will be apreciated, cheers

Nate

There's no way of knowing how they graded your essay but certainly for the multiple choice part, successful applicants to UCL normally score higher (about 28 for home students/30 for international). They have many more applicants than places and most applicants meet or exceed the required entry grades so they can be very picky with LNAT scores.
Reply 3
[quote="AyshaEdris22;99156589"]

So sorry. What were you told?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending