AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 (Higher Tier) 8461/1H - 17 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did your AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 go?
Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
44.28%
The paper was reasonable (207)
43.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (35)
7.42%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
4.45%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 (both tiers) 8461/1H - 17 May 2022 [Exam Chat]
Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 17th May AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Freemagic; 1 month ago
Djalil Chafai
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know if the mme predicted papers are accurate
Student Ruby
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if the aseptic technique will be on paper 1 biology for triple students?
ZafeerahRehman
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
im not sure, loads of reviews say they are, the only problem is that they do not have any online exams that people could order so it will be hard for them to come asap, like before the exam!
lolbat
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yh it will
rabidzebra
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
any potential topics that can still come up on biology trilogy aqa 2022 apart from the main focus of the exams?
jamest0394q
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
drug development vaccination
m0lly23
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
there's bound to be a 2 marker on cell structure or something, a short question about bacterial diseases, some kind of synoptic question bringing together ideas about respiration maybe
rabidzebra
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by m0lly23)
there's bound to be a 2 marker on cell structure or something, a short question about bacterial diseases, some kind of synoptic question bringing together ideas about respiration maybe
thank you this really helped!
rabidzebra
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jamest0394q)
drug development vaccination
thank you for this!
sideoflargefries
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how are you guys revising tonight? i'm making a revision sheet where i blurt everything i know all onto an a4 paper and doing flashcards
potatoes25
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sideoflargefries)
how are you guys revising tonight? i'm making a revision sheet where i blurt everything i know all onto an a4 paper and doing flashcards
im being complacent, but hopefully i will be motivated to do something soon
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You can do it people :rave:
101.dplq
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sideoflargefries)
probably going to procrastinate for a bit longer then go to revising. I have done the past papers on the AQA website and I feel fairly confident since the past papers don't seem extremely hard. im still a bit sleep deprived from revising RE but I hope I do good in this biology test since the grade boundaries are rarely low (I overestimated 130-140/200 for a 9 and roughly 110/200 for a 7)
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 101.dplq)
probably going to procrastinate for a bit longer then go to revising. I have done the past papers on the AQA website and I feel fairly confident since the past papers don't seem extremely hard. im still a bit sleep deprived from revising RE but I hope I do good in this biology test since the grade boundaries are rarely low (I overestimated 130-140/200 for a 9 and roughly 110/200 for a 7)
How did you find RE?
Which exam board were you?
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly terrified for tomorrow because I've picked bio for a-level and really hoping for a 9, but can't help feeling like I don't know any of the content.

That being said, I thought the same about re last night and that went better than expected
babesbabes
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
when drawing a line of best fit for a graph to do with the osmosis practical, does it have to be a straight line?
CloudyPenguin
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For osmosis there usually is a straight line for the line of best fit however as always it can vary with question and it may be curved.
Hope this helps!
CloudyPenguin
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
usually the graphs are like this
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/5...0f16dd~mv2.png
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
Honestly terrified for tomorrow because I've picked bio for a-level and really hoping for a 9, but can't help feeling like I don't know any of the content.

That being said, I thought the same about re last night and that went better than expected
ahhh i picked it for a-level too!! i'm sure you'll be fine
and honestly, i know that feeling. where you've done a **** ton of revision but with the stress, it feels as if you know nothinggg!

i can assure you that it is just ur apprehension!
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (18)
28.57%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
49.21%
First aid skills (3)
4.76%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.59%
Sign language (8)
12.7%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.59%

Watched Threads