The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Cool1334
Can the police arrest the homeowner in UK If the home owner was intimidating you by yelling at you and raising their voice and being violent by breaking your door open then can the police arrest and then deport the man if he is from another country?

I'm talking about a family member?
Reply 2
Were you listening to music really loud at night, and barricaded your door to stop your dad getting in?
Reply 3
Original post by ThomH97
Were you listening to music really loud at night, and barricaded your door to stop your dad getting in?

No
Reply 4
Original post by ThomH97

I'm talking about a family member that it happened to
Reply 5
No law stopping someone breaking their own door, if they so wished.. it is their door after all. If they broke someone's elses on the other hand or broke it whilst committing a crime., like trying to attack someone thats rather different
Reply 6
How many days have you been posting on here about this? Have you actually read the responses on your other threads and got any practical help for this young woman?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
How many days have you been posting on here about this? Have you actually read the responses on your other threads and got any practical help for this young woman?

Mind your own business. I can post as many posts I want who are you to tell me .
Reply 8
Original post by Napp
No law stopping someone breaking their own door, if they so wished.. it is their door after all. If they broke someone's elses on the other hand or broke it whilst committing a crime., like trying to attack someone thats rather different

I don't care if it's which ever persons door your talking about they can't as they wish to.There's a girl inside the room and he doesn't have the right to be violent he's trying to be violent towards her by trying to get inside the locked door.
moved to Advice on Everyday Issues :smile:
Original post by vapordave

Oh my god, what even counts as everyday on this website
Reply 11
Original post by vapordave

???
Mind your own business. I can post as many posts I want who are you to tell me .

Duplicate posts are against TSR Community rules and are liable to get your account banned if you continue, ("Do not post the same content multiple times, within either a single or multiple threads. These will be removed.")

As above, please stop making piecemeal threads about this. Refer your family member to a relevant charity. This is a student forum, not a venue for legal advice.

Start here:

https://www.refuge.org.uk/
I'm talking about a family member?

https://www.legislation.gov.uk

Public order act 1986 Chapter 64

"A person is guilty of an offence if he/she uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.......such as to cause fear for his personal safety.....

An affray can be committed in private as well as in public places.

On conviction the penalty can be imprisonment up to 3 years or a fine or both" .

It could be construed that breaking down a door (with the intent of intimidating a family member where the person/s on the receiving end have reasonable belief to fear for their safety) is an affray and a criminal offence has been committed.

Unless of course actual physical violence is perpetrated, conviction will result in some form of punishment likely a fine. The more serious effect is a criminal record which creates all manner of employment and financial difficulties as well as obtaining travel visas or re-entry to the UK etc.

I doubt deportation would be considered though.

Seek expert legal advice from a professional unless this is an academic question and not a real situation.
(edited 2 years ago)
I believe the family member is over 18, which is why these multiple threads, each with only part of the overall picture, are becoming a problem. They would be better speaking to an adult domestic abuse charity, like Refuge.

Latest

Trending

Trending