The Student Room Group

Transferring after my foundation year

Hi,
I would like to know if i can transfer from my uni to another uni after a foundation year. Am studying foundation in engineering and wish to complete for Civil engineering
You need to apply through ucas asap. Start the application and speak to your current tutor about getting a reference today.

Look on ucas course search for courses that show vacancies for year 1 entry.

Even though you are applying late you get 5 ucas choices.
Reply 2
Am applying for next year no worries. I just to know if will be able to transfer after my foundation to another uni
Original post by razi12
Am applying for next year no worries. I just to know if will be able to transfer after my foundation to another uni

You can apply but there’s no guarantees.

Foundation years aren’t universally recognised and don’t follow a fixed curriculum. Some universities will not accept a FY from universities with lower entry requirements.
Original post by razi12

You need to check whether your foundation year is an integrated year of your course i.e. Year 0 or a standalone programme. Some foundation years like the one at Manchester is integrated while the one at UCL (i.e. UPC) is standalone. That should hopefully help inform whether you can apply as a fresh UG or a transfer student. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest