The Student Room Group

Student finance

I was wondering after I transfer to another course after my foundation year what would happen.
Cause I chose aerospace however I wanted to switch to mechanical which I am unable to
So I was advised to apply for ucas
How would that impact student finance
Original post by Sameerah_05
I was wondering after I transfer to another course after my foundation year what would happen.
Cause I chose aerospace however I wanted to switch to mechanical which I am unable to
So I was advised to apply for ucas
How would that impact student finance

Hi Sameerah_05,

If you only have 1 year of previous study, you will be eligible to receive funding for the duration of a new eligible course. I have provided a link that may help you further with this.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Sameerah_05,

If you only have 1 year of previous study, you will be eligible to receive funding for the duration of a new eligible course. I have provided a link that may help you further with this.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Clare

Hi unfortunately I have read the link however I still do not understand
If I was to the foundation year
Then move to another university and study a five year course would that eligible
Hi unfortunately I have read the link however I still do not understand
If I was to the foundation year
Then move to another university and study a five year course would that eligible

Hi there, Is your new course now going to be 5 years in length? Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Is your new course now going to be 5 years in length? Thanks, Angela

So I’m going to apply for the BEng which is 4 years with placement and if I’m eligible in second year I would transfer to the MEng which is 5 years including placement
So I’m going to apply for the BEng which is 4 years with placement and if I’m eligible in second year I would transfer to the MEng which is 5 years including placement

Hi there, Yes, you would be eligible for funding. Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Yes, you would be eligible for funding. Thanks, Angela

Even if I transfer courses after the foundation year
Even if I transfer courses after the foundation year

Hi there, Yes as we calculate as follows: new course length + 1 additional year and then we minus any previous study - this then confirms your remaining entitlement. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending