The Student Room Group

Nat 5Maths exam 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maz1222
does anyone remember what they got for the paper 1 coordinates question that had a graph i got (0,-1)

You either use the completed square version [solve]
or - factorise to find the roots, find half way between the roots (add and divide by 2) then substitute into y for y-coord
I got 69% for the maths 2022, marked it with the teachers guides, literally one mark of an A. Chances of grade boundaries going down anyone?
What did you guys get for the last question of paper 1? I think there was like a triangle and a rectangle and we had to find what x was, if I remember correctly
Original post by LolPresley-06
What did you guys get for the last question of paper 1? I think there was like a triangle and a rectangle and we had to find what x was, if I remember correctly

x = 4
Original post by vanyakyra
I got 69% for the maths 2022, marked it with the teachers guides, literally one mark of an A. Chances of grade boundaries going down anyone?

I'm not sure, I think they lower the boundaries if the exam was quite difficult? Although the exam was very basic this year so I doubt they would make any huge changes to grade boundaries.
Original post by (ln(e))(log(10))
x = 4

ok thanks
Original post by (ln(e))(log(10))
I'm not sure, I think they lower the boundaries if the exam was quite difficult? Although the exam was very basic this year so I doubt they would make any huge changes to grade boundaries.

I think the set 1's (as always) got A's but the majority did not do too well, they did mention they would lower grade boundaries and be generous, however the exam was quite basic. I'm unsure as well smh.
I would be a little more careful with interpreting the mean and standard deviation, as these values relate to the number of sit ups for the players in the hockey teams, rather than for the teams themselves.The SQA might not pick this up though, since they consistently write questions in which the standard deviation formula used is not appropriate anyway.
Original post by Learner126
How did we all find it?

very easy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending