The Student Room Group

Should I apply or not?

So there is a role at my sixth form for deputy lead ambassador and it says in the role description that you have to cover for the lead if they can't attend an event and the lead has to write and read a speech at open evenings and parent evenings. I am fine with the rest of the expected roles except for the presentations because I have stage fright and get nervous in front of lots of people. However I kind of want to take this role to develop my leadership skills as I want to do medicine where this skill is important. So should you recommend me doing it or would I just make a fool out of myself as I am not confident in front of lots of people?
Original post by Idk131
So there is a role at my sixth form for deputy lead ambassador and it says in the role description that you have to cover for the lead if they can't attend an event and the lead has to write and read a speech at open evenings and parent evenings. I am fine with the rest of the expected roles except for the presentations because I have stage fright and get nervous in front of lots of people. However I kind of want to take this role to develop my leadership skills as I want to do medicine where this skill is important. So should you recommend me doing it or would I just make a fool out of myself as I am not confident in front of lots of people?

Speaking in front of others is a skill you will have to develop sooner or later, and I'm sure you'd prefer to conquer it in a relatively safe school environment rather than in the real world where you might have a lot more pressure on you, e.g. for med school interviews, professional presentations etc. I really recommend you push yourself outside your comfort zone and go for it, you won't make a fool out of yourself, but you will develop those valuable skills.
Reply 2
okay thank you I will apply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest