The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Dissertation Tutor, Suppory, Guidance

Does anyone know of a company or person who could help with writing a dissertation? Providing guidance, writing best practices etc.
That kind of commercial active writing "help" sounds like the kind of thing that gets you zero marks and kicked off the course TBH. Talk to your supervisor if you want academic advice.
(edited 1 year ago)
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Really? Because that's not what I'm after.

During Covid/lockdown, the academic support I received was limited to Zoom calls. I have ADHD and Autism and this just didn't work for me.

The sessions always felt rushed/time went too fast and I need the opportunity to clarify my understanding of things. I need 121 sessions in person and a little bit of support from someone I can talk through my thoughts/ideas with and get reassurance I'm on the right track. I don't have anyone in my peer group I could do this with as others do.

I guess I'm after a dissertation mentor. Similar to the mentor I had for my coursework. Someone I can pay and get unlimited time with to cope with my learning needs.
Original post by Anonymous
Really? Because that's not what I'm after.

During Covid/lockdown, the academic support I received was limited to Zoom calls. I have ADHD and Autism and this just didn't work for me.

The sessions always felt rushed/time went too fast and I need the opportunity to clarify my understanding of things. I need 121 sessions in person and a little bit of support from someone I can talk through my thoughts/ideas with and get reassurance I'm on the right track. I don't have anyone in my peer group I could do this with as others do.

I guess I'm after a dissertation mentor. Similar to the mentor I had for my coursework. Someone I can pay and get unlimited time with to cope with my learning needs.

You need to speak tot he disability support services of your university. Anything else, especially if you are paying for it, risks serious consequences. There's only so much support you can be given before the work is not yours, you need the university to manage that boundary.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know of a company or person who could help with writing a dissertation? Providing guidance, writing best practices etc.

Hi,

Have you tried the writing cafe? I believe you can go there in person or online. They have people that can look over your work and give you tips to help improve.

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
This can be paid for by dsa and they suggest appropriate support.

Original post by University of Plymouth Postgraduate Student Rep
Hi,

Have you tried the writing cafe? I believe you can go there in person or online. They have people that can look over your work and give you tips to help improve.

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending