Dissertation Tutor, Suppory, Guidance

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know of a company or person who could help with writing a dissertation? Providing guidance, writing best practices etc.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
That kind of commercial active writing "help" sounds like the kind of thing that gets you zero marks and kicked off the course TBH. Talk to your supervisor if you want academic advice.
Last edited by Mr Wednesday; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Really? Because that's not what I'm after.

During Covid/lockdown, the academic support I received was limited to Zoom calls. I have ADHD and Autism and this just didn't work for me.

The sessions always felt rushed/time went too fast and I need the opportunity to clarify my understanding of things. I need 121 sessions in person and a little bit of support from someone I can talk through my thoughts/ideas with and get reassurance I'm on the right track. I don't have anyone in my peer group I could do this with as others do.

I guess I'm after a dissertation mentor. Similar to the mentor I had for my coursework. Someone I can pay and get unlimited time with to cope with my learning needs.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Really? Because that's not what I'm after.

During Covid/lockdown, the academic support I received was limited to Zoom calls. I have ADHD and Autism and this just didn't work for me.

The sessions always felt rushed/time went too fast and I need the opportunity to clarify my understanding of things. I need 121 sessions in person and a little bit of support from someone I can talk through my thoughts/ideas with and get reassurance I'm on the right track. I don't have anyone in my peer group I could do this with as others do.

I guess I'm after a dissertation mentor. Similar to the mentor I had for my coursework. Someone I can pay and get unlimited time with to cope with my learning needs.
You need to speak tot he disability support services of your university. Anything else, especially if you are paying for it, risks serious consequences. There's only so much support you can be given before the work is not yours, you need the university to manage that boundary.
University of Plymouth Postgraduate Student Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone know of a company or person who could help with writing a dissertation? Providing guidance, writing best practices etc.
Hi,

Have you tried the writing cafe? I believe you can go there in person or online. They have people that can look over your work and give you tips to help improve.

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
petertyerman
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
This can be paid for by dsa and they suggest appropriate support.

(Original post by University of Plymouth Postgraduate Student Rep)
Hi,

Have you tried the writing cafe? I believe you can go there in person or online. They have people that can look over your work and give you tips to help improve.

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed