The Student Room Group

Keeping notes of everything I say

Scroll to see replies

It’s uncanny you mention this. He knows how maternal I am and how I would love to have children. A few weeks ago he said he’d hate to have kids with me. After a awful day, I explained the reason why I push him away and can’t easily open upto him is because he uses it as leverage. And gave the above example. He said I said the same to him. The difference was I explained WHY I can’t have children with him - I don’t want them growing up watching me get hit or negative toxic vibes. Whereas his intention was pain. And he seems to think it’s an eye for an eye. He’s also revising for his exams. And my word! The whole world needs to revolve around him. He has time when he’s revising for golf, bbq’s, his brother, snooker, football. But when I ask for something, revision becomes important again.

Original post by Hotheaded
Listen- I know in your culture divorce is bad, but that’s ABUSE, and staying in an abusive relationship with someone that holds you at knife point is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. For your own safety.

If you had kids with such an abusive man, those kids would also become unsafe, and also would witness their mother being abused. This man, I’m sorry to say - is awful.

I am SO SO SORRY you have to go through this, you don’t deserve it. But it won’t stop unless you leave
(Original post by Anonymous)

Original post by Anonymous
That last part, be safe and take care. I don’t know why it’s made me so emotional. I LITERALLY have tears in my eyes as I write this. I can’t remember the last time someone actually asked me how I was or put me first

I appreciate you and I can assure people around this world will think the exact same and clearly the people in the replies also, that your standing this strong, but since I found out your married and your considering divorce already, it really is the best option, I'm not sure how marriage counseling would work out, and seeing how you've explained more about narcissism, and following everyone's replies it'd be better for your mental and physical health to just have a divorce, it'd be a stressful time to go through it, even though im no where near that age to know how it'd feel like, it seems better than living the rest of your life with such a man, and the fact that he acts like how you told, leaves me seriously concerned, about how easily he gets angry, please genuinely seperate yourself from this man, and if you ever plan to do a divorce, im aware you can send papers through another person, please dont confront him about it as I said about him going physical, but since you said, he's also considering it, hopefully it wont go down that lane.

Honestly, you deserve such a better man, this man is not someone you wanna have your kids around, I hope you confide in parents or other close friends and Thank you for reading mine, and other people's replies, it means as much to us as it does to you, that it brings some sort of relieve, and as always take care, wishing you the best in this.
Original post by Anonymous
It’s uncanny you mention this. He knows how maternal I am and how I would love to have children. A few weeks ago he said he’d hate to have kids with me. After a awful day, I explained the reason why I push him away and can’t easily open upto him is because he uses it as leverage. And gave the above example. He said I said the same to him. The difference was I explained WHY I can’t have children with him - I don’t want them growing up watching me get hit or negative toxic vibes. Whereas his intention was pain. And he seems to think it’s an eye for an eye. He’s also revising for his exams. And my word! The whole world needs to revolve around him. He has time when he’s revising for golf, bbq’s, his brother, snooker, football. But when I ask for something, revision becomes important again.

Please, please please! You deserve so much better, he is a abusive and won’t change. You shouldn’t have to go through this, no healthy and loving relationship is like this. Please talk to someone you can trust, you aren’t alone in this.
Are you getting anything from this relationship? I mean, in situations like this, often the physical attraction and sex life is the only thing holding it together. You don't even have that.

Just leave. He's not going to change now - there's no point giving him ultimatum after ultimatum, and it's irrelevant which of you actually calls an end to it. Nobody will care whether you left him or he left you - it's not about having evidence that it was all his fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending