The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by nerobot
I think I find it more worrying that everyone seems to be getting different information. Makes me think that they don't have a clue what's going on!

Or it might be our calls made them do things quicker :P
Reply 2101
It may well be different for different areas. Had anyone else said that medical physics was delayed?
Reply 2102
Original post by triwka
Or it might be our calls made them do things quicker :P

That would be nice :smile:
Reply 2103
Original post by tmx55
re. Medical physics
I interviewed for medical physics just short of three weeks ago and called them to check the situation as I'm at conference next week and may be out of contact.
She said that they hope to have the calls out tomorrow, but also said that it may be early Monday.

Ooh I hope so! Was it today you called?
Monday is another BH, so I doubt it could be early Monday :wink:
Reply 2104
Original post by tmx55
It may well be different for different areas. Had anyone else said that medical physics was delayed?

I called about Clinical Eng (which was before Med Physics) and yesterday she told me it would be mid-May.
Reply 2105
Original post by triwka
I called about Clinical Eng (which was before Med Physics) and yesterday she told me it would be mid-May.

How many posts did they have to fill? Med phys was 66.
Also, were they on time with your call to interview? I'd have thought that if we could expect delays it would have been when they were dealing with the massive number of applications before short-listing.
It's possible that they were trying to give you a worst case scenario as an attempt to reduce phone inquiries.
Reply 2106
Original post by tmx55
Also, were they on time with your call to interview? I'd have thought that if we could expect delays it would have been when they were dealing with the massive number of applications before short-listing.
It's possible that they were trying to give you a worst case scenario as an attempt to reduce phone inquiries.

theres only 7 or 8 posts for clinical engineering (cant remember the exact number). so we should be pretty easy to sort out!
Reply 2107
Original post by BMS123

Original post by BMS123
Anyone apply for the Immunology STP? - I did on the 11th and I'm going out my mind waiting to hear. To be fair the schedule does say the 28th so let's wait and see. I do think the process is fair but this wait is becoming a bit cruel. There are only a few things which are worse than the results of an interview to wait for in life. (waiting for the bill at frankie and bennies is nothing!)

The fact that we all know that the succesful applicants haven't been told yet gives me some comfort.

Good luck everyone and hope we all hear soon!

I applied for haematology, so was interviewed on the 11th. What time was your interview? Our paths may have crossed!
Reply 2108
Original post by louisecc
theres only 7 or 8 posts for clinical engineering (cant remember the exact number). so we should be pretty easy to sort out!

Well I suppose like many aspects of human resources, this will remain a mystery to us all.
Reply 2109
Original post by tmx55
erm.. we have SEVEN posts! SEVEN nationally. :biggrin: How can it take more than a month to fill 7 vacancies?? It might just be all the calls made them open excel and add up those numbers! :colone:

Edit: oh well, louisecc already said that, I'm a bit slow, lol =)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2110
Patience is virtue all! It sucks that we have to wait but welcome to the NHS
Reply 2111
Also remember that there are a lot of big changes happening in terms of contracts of various disciplines and therefore they are probably finding it difficult to manage all of it at once peeps.
Reply 2112
Original post by QueenAli
I applied for haematology, so was interviewed on the 11th. What time was your interview? Our paths may have crossed!

Mine was about 11am ish. I got up for a drink of water during my 2 min wait if you were on my "stream". Can't have dry mouth! Lol
Maybe all of this would be a bit more believable if they were giving everyone consistent information! Bad NHS! :colonhash:
Original post by BMS123
Mine was about 11am ish. I got up for a drink of water during my 2 min wait if you were on my "stream". Can't have dry mouth! Lol
I wanted to do that! Was too scared :nooo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2115
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo
I wanted to do that! Was too scared :nooo:

I ended up drinking a lot of water during the interviews. Think I finished my glass of water at every station and I still had a dry mouth :redface:
Reply 2116
Original post by nerobot
I just got an email stating the following:

"You should expect to hear from us within the next 2 weeks. You will receive an email whether you are successful or not".

(Medical Physics)

So no new information there!

Did you send them an email asking? Cos i haven't recieved one and they'll be getting so many more telephone calls tomorrows if they don't keep everyone informed.
Reply 2117
Original post by dsmtrst
Did you send them an email asking? Cos i haven't recieved one and they'll be getting so many more telephone calls tomorrows if they don't keep everyone informed.

I sent them an email asking when I should expect a response. I sent it yesterday, to the general MSC recruitment address, stating I was from Medical Physics interview.
Reply 2118
Original post by nerobot
I sent them an email asking when I should expect a response. I sent it yesterday, to the general MSC recruitment address, stating I was from Medical Physics interview.

I'm medical physics too. I probably won't call them tomorrow then if we don't hear - i'll go on what your email said.
Reply 2119
Original post by nerobot

I don't understand why I've been told something entirely different.
Frustrating process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending