Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dropped out of uni, and despite asking for my student loan to not be given to me, I think the first installment has gone into my account :shifty: as I have farrr too much money in there.

Now, I called them up to ask if it had in fact gone in, and could they take it back, but I was asked for the 4th and 7th letters of my secret answer before they would discuss anything with me

What secret answer :o: I really have no recollection of this at all :confused: Is it something we chose? Or is it allocated (the person mentioned a letter with the details, that I should have received on 4th July...although I don't remember this letter either) :confused:

Any advice on discovering what my secret answer is? Or how I can get them to discuss it with me without knowing it?

ReputationRep:
    If you can't remember it, tell them so on the phone, and I'm pretty sure that they just ask another security question e.g. Date of Birth.

ReputationRep:
    When you log into the Student Finance site don't you have to enter your ART ID, password, and the answer to the question? I haven't logged in for ages but I'm sure that's how I remember it.

ReputationRep:
    Its code.

It means you have to meet the Black Crow to make the swap at the old tree in the park at Midnight. Come alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Its code.

It means you have to meet the Black Crow to make the swap at the old tree in the park at Midnight. Come alone.
    :ninja: Alone you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rangers_mad)
    If you can't remember it, tell them so on the phone, and I'm pretty sure that they just ask another security question e.g. Date of Birth.
    Nope, apparently not. Thats too, helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    When you log into the Student Finance site don't you have to enter your ART ID, password, and the answer to the question? I haven't logged in for ages but I'm sure that's how I remember it.
    theres a site???

*wanders off to look*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    Nope, apparently not. Thats too, helpful.
    ? Well I've rung them up before, not knowing my secret passcode and they have asked for my DOB and postcode if I remember correctly....then I had the opportunity to change my passcode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rangers_mad)
    ? Well I've rung them up before, not knowing my secret passcode and they have asked for my DOB and postcode if I remember correctly....then I had the opportunity to change my passcode
    Hmmpf. I shall ring them again. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    theres a site???

*wanders off to look*
    http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/
    Appears to be a little slow at the moment though.
    Do they not tell you what your question is over the phone? Just ask for the answer? After entering your ART ID online it will tell you the question, hopefully prompt your memory with the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/
    Appears to be a little slow at the moment though.
    Do they not tell you what your question is over the phone? Just ask for the answer? After entering your ART ID online it will tell you the question, hopefully prompt your memory with the answer.
    Crikey, never seen that site in my life let alonr registered :o:

All is ok I think... if I can track down my national insurance number I can use that... :indiff: wherever my NI number is

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the answer to the question that comes after your password when you log in. My question for example asks me to tell the system a memoriable place which is not my hometown, or something or other, so i have to give them letters from that

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you can give them some of your personal informaiton to make them assured who are you at all

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.