The Student Room Group

Secret answer/Student Loan Company...

I dropped out of uni, and despite asking for my student loan to not be given to me, I think the first installment has gone into my account :shifty: as I have farrr too much money in there.

Now, I called them up to ask if it had in fact gone in, and could they take it back, but I was asked for the 4th and 7th letters of my secret answer before they would discuss anything with me :s-smilie:

What secret answer :o: I really have no recollection of this at all :confused: Is it something we chose? Or is it allocated (the person mentioned a letter with the details, that I should have received on 4th July...although I don't remember this letter either) :confused:

Any advice on discovering what my secret answer is? Or how I can get them to discuss it with me without knowing it? :s-smilie:
If you can't remember it, tell them so on the phone, and I'm pretty sure that they just ask another security question e.g. Date of Birth.
Reply 2
When you log into the Student Finance site don't you have to enter your ART ID, password, and the answer to the question? I haven't logged in for ages but I'm sure that's how I remember it.
Its code.

It means you have to meet the Black Crow to make the swap at the old tree in the park at Midnight. Come alone.
Reply 4
GodspeedGehenna
Its code.

It means you have to meet the Black Crow to make the swap at the old tree in the park at Midnight. Come alone.

:ninja: Alone you say?
Reply 5
rangers_mad
If you can't remember it, tell them so on the phone, and I'm pretty sure that they just ask another security question e.g. Date of Birth.

Nope, apparently not. Thats too, helpful.
Reply 6
hobo06
When you log into the Student Finance site don't you have to enter your ART ID, password, and the answer to the question? I haven't logged in for ages but I'm sure that's how I remember it.

theres a site???

*wanders off to look*
Tinkerbee
Nope, apparently not. Thats too, helpful.

? Well I've rung them up before, not knowing my secret passcode and they have asked for my DOB and postcode if I remember correctly....then I had the opportunity to change my passcode
Reply 8
rangers_mad
? Well I've rung them up before, not knowing my secret passcode and they have asked for my DOB and postcode if I remember correctly....then I had the opportunity to change my passcode

Hmmpf. I shall ring them again. Thanks.
Reply 9
Tinkerbee
theres a site???

*wanders off to look*

http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/
Appears to be a little slow at the moment though.
Do they not tell you what your question is over the phone? Just ask for the answer? After entering your ART ID online it will tell you the question, hopefully prompt your memory with the answer.
Reply 10
hobo06
http://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk/
Appears to be a little slow at the moment though.
Do they not tell you what your question is over the phone? Just ask for the answer? After entering your ART ID online it will tell you the question, hopefully prompt your memory with the answer.

Crikey, never seen that site in my life let alonr registered :o:

All is ok I think... if I can track down my national insurance number I can use that... :indiff: wherever my NI number is
Reply 11
I think it's the answer to the question that comes after your password when you log in. My question for example asks me to tell the system a memoriable place which is not my hometown, or something or other, so i have to give them letters from that :smile:
Reply 12
Don't worry, you can give them some of your personal informaiton to make them assured who are you at all
Slc are hellbent on not getting paid
My secret question: where did you meet your first spouse? Emm I don't have one,. What street did you grow up on when You were 10? Type in answer. Wrong...

Good luck with brexit. I ain't trying to code break the SLC enigma machine in order to pay my debt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending