The Student Room Group

I’m bothered by my bf’s Instagram

So I went to his profile to add him and found it weird he never mentioned adding me, and his following is just 90% chicks, like attractive girls and chicks advertising their OF and his exes and that. Obviously these are girls he added before dm saying me and he said this himself when I spoke to him about it- which is fine but what bothers me is that he still uses it, basically for window shopping- which he doesn’t admit to and got pretty angry that I confronted him about it and just told me to accept it as it is, even giving me the opportunity to go through his ig which I turned down bc I just felt ashamed of the whole thing and I generally feel trusting of him I hated that I brought it up. But he still uses the app and coincidentally never in front of me. I’d be okay if his following consisted of other pages and guy friends and what not. Idk am I being controlling and neurotic? It just really irks me tbh. We been dating for quite a few years now and he isn’t the cheating type so I don’t assume that, but still using it with just girls on his profile probably for the purpose of checking them out still annoys me.
If you have a dating dealbreaker connected with social media or onlyfans, you know what to do.
If not, try to move on and focus on all the positives in your life & relationship.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
If you have a dating dealbreaker connected with social media or onlyfans, you know what to do.
If not, try to move on and focus on all the positives in your life & relationship.
Good luck!

This.

Some men take it too far and only use social media to ogle at women, and others just follow them but don't pay much mind to it.

All just depends on what you're okay with. Definitely don't let this be swept under the rug if you're unhappy. Only you can make sure something gets done about it.
Original post by Meduse
This.

Some men take it too far and only use social media to ogle at women, and others just follow them but don't pay much mind to it.

All just depends on what you're okay with. Definitely don't let this be swept under the rug if you're unhappy. Only you can make sure something gets done about it.

Thankyou I appreciate it, I’m in a difficult situation though since this was brought up a while ago and we had an intense argument where he was threatening to break up bc he seen it as me being controlling and that ‘he wouldn’t hawk over my social media like this.’ Me bringing it up again will just cause another dealbreaker argument I think.
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou I appreciate it, I’m in a difficult situation though since this was brought up a while ago and we had an intense argument where he was threatening to break up bc he seen it as me being controlling and that ‘he wouldn’t hawk over my social media like this.’ Me bringing it up again will just cause another dealbreaker argument I think.

That is tough. I guess it's your call, but definitely don't stay if you are really unhappy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending