The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies

Really struggling with essays for higher mods. In the exam, i’ve 3 to do, of; Democracy in Scotland, Crime and Law, International Issues World Powers (USA). Can anyone help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jelip
Really struggling with essays for higher mods. In the exam, i’ve 3 to do, of; Democracy in Scotland, Crime and Law, International Issues World Powers (USA). Can anyone help?

Hi, I did higher modern studies last year and I would definitely suggest to use a PEEAREEAL structure:

P - Point
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
R - Rebuttal
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
L - Link

Make sure that your examples are up to date (less than 10 years old) and if you use a lot of facts and figures when explaining a topic, you will get extra KU marks. There are also model essays available online, but I could send you some of my old ones for DISUK and Crime and Law. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by d1anasaur
Hi, I did higher modern studies last year and I would definitely suggest to use a PEEAREEAL structure:

P - Point
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
R - Rebuttal
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
L - Link

Make sure that your examples are up to date (less than 10 years old) and if you use a lot of facts and figures when explaining a topic, you will get extra KU marks. There are also model essays available online, but I could send you some of my old ones for DISUK and Crime and Law. :smile:

I’d be thankful if you sent your old ones from which you have mentioned
Original post by Jelip
I’d be thankful if you sent your old ones from which you have mentioned

That’s no problem, where would you like me to send them?
Reply 4
That’s no problem, where would you like me to send them?

Whatever suits you, i have instagram @jelly.ism
Original post by Jelip

Just sent you a message, my username is @ddovgy by the way. :smile:
Reply 6

P - Point
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
R - Rebuttal
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
L - Link

Hi, do you still have your old crime essays? specifically “To what extent do different forms of sentencing meet the aims of the Justice System (20)” Im really struggling with this one and it would be a big help to compare mine to yours if possible?

Thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by behemothhh
Hi, do you still have your old crime essays? specifically “To what extent do different forms of sentencing meet the aims of the Justice System (20)” Im really struggling with this one and it would be a big help to compare mine to yours if possible?

Thanks!

Hi, unfortunately I don't have an essay on that specific question, however I have a similar one on the effectiveness of non-custodial responses. I could send that one over to you if you want. :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, unfortunately I don't have an essay on that specific question, however I have a similar one on the effectiveness of non-custodial responses. I could send that one over to you if you want. :smile:

Yes please that would be perfect! my insta is lmurrayyy_ if you could send it there please? Thank you so much!
Reply 9
Original post by behemothhh
Yes please that would be perfect! my insta is lmurrayyy_ if you could send it there please? Thank you so much!

Hey, so I've found your account however I can't seem to message you directly as it's private. Would it be okay if I followed you? I can remove my follow afterwards if you don't feel comfortable of course!
Reply 10
Original post by Jelip

Can you send me some modern studies essays too pleasee i'm really struggling
P - Point
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
R - Rebuttal
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
L - Link

Hiii, so sorry for bothering you. I was wondering if you could send me some of your old essays. I am struggling as I have a lack of essays on this topic😭😭.I will be really grateful for your help! My Instagram is 2_ai.ram_1
Original post by Rain.c
Can you send me some modern studies essays too pleasee i'm really struggling

Apologies for the late reply, I just seen this! What's your Instagram? :smile:
Original post by mariia p.
Hiii, so sorry for bothering you. I was wondering if you could send me some of your old essays. I am struggling as I have a lack of essays on this topic😭😭.I will be really grateful for your help! My Instagram is 2_ai.ram_1

Of coursee, no worries! Just requested to follow you. :smile:

I've just accepted you!

hi would you please send me them too it would be so helpful!! my insta is @niamhshshs
Reply 16
can u please send me some essays too my instagram is ally4gmrr_
Original post by niamh2k77
hi would you please send me them too it would be so helpful!! my insta is @niamhshshs

Hi, I just requested to follow you!
Original post by Rain.c
can u please send me some essays too my instagram is ally4gmrr_

Sent you a request!
Reply 19
P - Point
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
R - Rebuttal
E - Explain
E - Example
A - Analysis
L - Link

Hii, can you pls send me some of your essays as well? I am crashing this year and really struggling! my insta is triss.ndn07

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending