The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
Back from the gym, and half dead :stickyman:
Structures makes more sense than it once did :smile:

Yes, that is a rare non-moan post from me :biggrin:
So, I now understand special relativity far better than I did when doing 1A physics (well, at least as well as). It's a pity that it's not all that relevant to my current essay, which I was technically working on...
Craghyrax

Steady!! I only just got back today :p: I'd like them back anytime you're next moored in the Cam. I'm glad they were well behaved. Hopefully you'll be there when I pop into White Stuff tomorrow and we can plan stuff. Also if you've not seen facebook, my birthday party is on the evening of the 13th :poke:

Didn't see you at work today. I'm not in tomorrow. We're in Cambridge for the next week or so, currently out at the Penny Ferry in Chesterton, so I'm sure something can be arranged!

I've seen an email from facebook but haven't had the internet much recently. Of course we'll be there! :biggrin:

Just watched the first 3 eps of Life On Mars (DVD was christmas pressie from friends). Its great! And we have a telly. I insisted upon it being rigged up for Jonathan Creek on New Year's Day. Alan Davies = :love:
Reply 4304
scarlet ibis
Didn't see you at work today. I'm not in tomorrow. We're in Cambridge for the next week or so, currently out at the Penny Ferry in Chesterton, so I'm sure something can be arranged!

What time did you finish? I was there just before closing - perhaps you were downstairs. I was looking at slippers, and I think the manager helped me. So after that I felt a bit hesitant to ask after you, incase it was obvious :p:

I'll text anyway.
Does this mean you have tv all the time, or do you have to put it away/disconnect it after use each time?

scarlet ibis

I've seen an email from facebook but haven't had the internet much recently. Of course we'll be there! :biggrin:

:five:
We lost the pub quiz tonight :o:
Reply 4306
Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :motz: Iwanttokillalltheapplicants!!!! I keep having to report threads so they can be merged into exact replicates one or two spaces beneath them, and some utter retard bumped a year old thread for rejectees when there are two if not three hanging about in this forum nevermind the same again in Oxbridge!! :banghead:
ukebert
We lost the pub quiz tonight :o:

Whut? :lolwut:
I think TSR users should have the power to veto admissions on the basis of incessant annoyance :yes:
Craghyrax
Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :motz: Iwanttokillalltheapplicants!!!! I keep having to report threads so they can be merged into exact replicates one or two spaces beneath them, and some utter retard bumped a year old thread for rejectees when there are two if not three hanging about in this forum nevermind the same again in Oxbridge!! :banghead:

This is why I NEVER stray into the Cambridge forum proper :p:

Every Tuesday we go to the pub quiz. Usually we come around the middle, this time we lost :o: I'm sure I've mentioned this before, we had a massiove conversation about quizzes. Or was that the old Fresher's thread? *thinks*
scarlet ibis
Just watched the first 3 eps of Life On Mars (DVD was christmas pressie from friends). Its great! And we have a telly. I insisted upon it being rigged up for Jonathan Creek on New Year's Day. Alan Davies = :love:

Both quality shows. :yep:

And I'm happy tonight as I had a nice day today (despite the cold) and unlike last night my last-minute vac work is actually making some sense. :smile:

Craghyrax

I hate it when people do that. Can't they read the damn date?
Reply 4310
Craghyrax

Just wondering, what is inherently wrong with bumping a thread? Does it create extra work for moderators or something [don't really know how it all works tbh]
It's annoying in ways that nobody can quite comprehend. Then again, I do it from time to time. Never in those circumstances though :p:
Reply 4312
The West Wing
I think TSR users should have the power to veto admissions on the basis of incessant annoyance :yes:

No need. The correlation between annoying users and rejections is already about 99% :^^: Although you're right - there's always room for improvement...
Reply 4313
n1r4v
Just wondering, what is inherently wrong with bumping a thread? Does it create extra work for moderators or something [don't really know how it all works tbh]

It depends on context, I think. In this case its obvious why that was an incredibly annoying thing to do. There are also other annoying side effects. Like once I started getting loads of PMs from Chemistry A level students asking for help a good three years after I'd touched the stuff, purely because someone bumped a thread, and nobody noticed how old my posts were :hmpf:
But yeh, I don't know what 'the reason' is.
n1r4v

In the vast majority of cases it is pointless as the people who posted in the thread are no longer interested in the topic.
The info is usually out of date. But most often we get rid of it because a current identical thread is already on the first page.

In other news, I'm doing RAG Jailbreak this year, and you all have to sponsor me!
Reply 4316
Nina

In other news, I'm doing RAG Jailbreak this year, and you all have to sponsor me!

Yes Ma'am
Jailbreak? Aaah I am so tempted :o: Seriously, very tempted. Thing is that there is a :coma: cruise that weekend which also has me very tempted :p: And there is also the small but inescapable matterof work :dry:
Reply 4318
Craghyrax
It depends on context, I think. In this case its obvious why that was an incredibly annoying thing to do. There are also other annoying side effects. Like once I started getting loads of PMs from Chemistry A level students asking for help a good three years after I'd touched the stuff, purely because someone bumped a thread, and nobody noticed how old my posts were :hmpf:
But yeh, I don't know what 'the reason' is.

Fair play. But I'm pretty sure the reason he/she got to that thread was using the search function - it's set so that it is listed by relevance. Maybe a good idea in the future would be to only / also list it using the date as well; it may serve to reduce the bumping of threads.
Good evening/morning to all :smile:

I hope you don't mind a quick invasion, but I'd like to pick your brains if that's ok? I need to start thinking about where to live in Cambridge, and wondered if any of you had any input as to places/areas to avoid?

Any info would be a great help, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending