The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lottie
I'm going to Jesus too but lots of my friends have ended up on the waiting list. :frown:

:ditto:

I've got one for me and my boyfriend but most of my friends don't have one. Don't know whether to sell it on or to go :s-smilie: I've reserved myself a Corpus one too, because that was our second choice and so everyone has that, but who knows. :s-smilie:

And I may be getting John's and Robinson :confused: Four May Balls will be too many!
Y__
Mad world:

http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/staedte/wetter/2009/1/28/news-108576611/detail.html

rough translation:
Three girls were seen beating ducks at the Harkort lake yesterday, injuring several animals heavily. Witnesses called the fire brigade who tried to catch the injured ducks to treat them. Police have taken up investigations.

...and the ducks (unsurprisingly) flew away. Who calls the fire brigade to stop idiots beating ducks up?! :s-smilie:
Reply 7062
generalebriety
...and the ducks (unsurprisingly) flew away. Who calls the fire brigade to stop idiots beating ducks up?! :s-smilie:

I know. It is rather bizarre.
Y__
I know. It is rather bizarre.

I notice you speak German, though, which is exciting. Should I have guessed that from your surname, or is it actually not your native tongue and the surname is a coincidence? :p:
Reply 7064
generalebriety
I notice you speak German, though, which is exciting. Should I have guessed that from your surname, or is it actually not your native tongue and the surname is a coincidence? :p:

It's a coincidence. I'm actually.. err... Martian? :p: No, German is my native tongue - I'm German and have only been here since the start of Michaelmas.
Y__
It's a coincidence. I'm actually.. err... Martian? :p: No, German is my native tongue - I'm German and have only been here since the start of Michaelmas.

Cool. :smile: German's a great language.
Reply 7066
generalebriety
Cool. :smile: German's a great language.

What's your excuse for being up late :P ? Mine is that I've got two more Vector Calculus questions to do when I actually wanted to have them done by 8pm today. According to my plan, I should be at least half way through Dynamics 1. Damn.
Y__
What's your excuse for being up late :P ? Mine is that I've got two more Vector Calculus questions to do when I actually wanted to have them done by 8pm today. According to my plan, I should be at least half way through Dynamics 1. Damn.

Groups, rings, and a smattering of modules.

Vector calc is massively easy if you're prepared to bend all the rules of maths. Like just pretending the vector (dx, dy, dz) is perfectly valid and can be dotted and crossed with other vectors as you please. They sometimes take forever, though.
Reply 7068
generalebriety
Groups, rings, and a smattering of modules.

Vector calc is massively easy if you're prepared to bend all the rules of maths. Like just pretending the vector (dx, dy, dz) is perfectly valid and can be dotted and crossed with other vectors as you please. They sometimes take forever, though.

Yeah, they're not massively hard, but lots of stupid manipulation of foot-long terms involved in there... I'm probably not going to do the GRM sheet (well, maybe, if I manage to finish Analysis by Sunday, but I'm not sure whether that's going to happen given that I have started most of my example sheets about two days before they were due so far...)
Y__
Yeah, they're not massively hard, but lots of stupid manipulation of foot-long terms involved in there... I'm probably not going to do the GRM sheet (well, maybe, if I manage to finish Analysis by Sunday, but I'm not sure whether that's going to happen given that I have started most of my example sheets about two days before they were due so far...)

Analysis is fun. Presumably you're not getting supervised on GRM? Just do it over Easter or summer or something if you're gonna do it at all.
Reply 7070
generalebriety
Analysis is fun. Presumably you're not getting supervised on GRM? Just do it over Easter or summer or something if you're gonna do it at all.

Yeah, no supervisions for GRM. Don't think I could make that work, Logic is demanding enough :biggrin: . Anyways, I'm off to bed now, otherwise I'm going to fall asleep during exciting applications of Zorn's Lemma, Bayes' Theorem and Kepler's equations (stcs :rolleyes: !) tomorrow. Good night, and good luck with your GRM.
Y__
Yeah, no supervisions for GRM. Don't think I could make that work, Logic is demanding enough :biggrin: . Anyways, I'm off to bed now, otherwise I'm going to fall asleep during exciting applications of Zorn's Lemma, Bayes' Theorem and Kepler's equations (stcs :rolleyes: !) tomorrow. Good night, and good luck with your GRM.

Logic?! Good luck. :p: I got about ten pages into Johnstone's book and then forgot what all the words meant...

Night. :smile:
Reply 7072
seriously. i went to bed at 4, now i'm up again to row. i'm already counting down the seconds until my afternoon nap.
we're getting a 50A 3 stage intelligent battery charger. Yay! Its going to cost £245 but it'll be worth it.
brimstone

I've got one for me and my boyfriend but most of my friends don't have one. Don't know whether to sell it on or to go :s-smilie: I've reserved myself a Corpus one too, because that was our second choice and so everyone has that, but who knows. :s-smilie:

And I may be getting John's and Robinson :confused: Four May Balls will be too many!

lol... you only "may" be getting a John's one...do you not trust me?:wink:
I'm offended :p:
Reply 7075
ukebert
I hope I have a ticket, or I will be very annoyed :p:

I don't think you do, actually, since you haven't PM'd me or comfirmed your attendance on facebook. (:mad: :p:) I'll ask Caiomhe to get you one.

Guys, if you have PM'd me/confirmed on facebook (wall or invite) that you are coming, you will be coming. If you haven't, you won't be. I am not psychic, nor do I have time to chase after you all personally to check if you're coming.

Edit: Urgh, I'm grumpy. Sorry. Must be the fact my essay is unstarted and due at five. And I have a shadow coming on top of everything else. :argh:
ukebert
Oh, and Orpheus is very very good, Breakfast at Night, the late this week, is rather less so :o: Funny bits in it but most of it is terrible.

Really? As someone who hangs around backstage at the ADC a lot anyway, I've heard a few bits of Orfeo and it sounded pretty rough. Which is a bit of a shame because of the ridiculous amount of work that's been going into it - the set building has been going on for weeks and the deus ex machina (the bit with the guy coming down from above) required a lot of preparation. The Varsity review is up now and is damn harsh.

Breakfast At Night on the other hand has had a lot of hype so everyone thought it would be good. Oh well...
thefish_uk
Really? As someone who hangs around backstage at the ADC a lot anyway, I've heard a few bits of Orfeo and it sounded pretty rough. Which is a bit of a shame because of the ridiculous amount of work that's been going into it - the set building has been going on for weeks and the deus ex machina (the bit with the guy coming down from above) required a lot of preparation. The Varsity review is up now and is damn harsh.

Breakfast At Night on the other hand has had a lot of hype so everyone thought it would be good. Oh well...

Well there were some rather rough bits, admittedly, especially (as the review rightly says) the brass section of the ensemble, which was terrible. And perhaps the acting wasn't great, but I couldn't care less about that sort of thing. In general, the music was very good and the singing (with a few exceptions on the part of some of the chorus) was top notch. It's the music that I wanted to go and see, not the set and the choreography and the acting.

Lidka
I don't think you do, actually, since you haven't PM'd me or comfirmed your attendance on facebook. (:mad: :p:) I'll ask Caiomhe to get you one.

I thought I did :s-smilie: Have I even been invited to this facebook thing?

EDIT: Nobody invited me :cry:
Reply 7078
brimstone

That's a lot of balls for one week!

May balls are such expensive affairs but that's partly because I feel the need to buy a new dress for them...
Reply 7079
ukebert
I thought I did :s-smilie: Have I even been invited to this facebook thing?

EDIT: Nobody invited me :cry:

Sorry, I was expecting Craggy to invite you. Never mind, you will get a ticket. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending