The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7560
Thicky
Max Planck R I? :eek:

No, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS). I wouldn't exacly be doing high-profile research there (unsurprisingly :biggrin: ) but I reckon it would still be a really cool opportunity.

Tom
I thought everywhere like that in Germany was called the Max Planck Institute of something-or-other

Yeah, there are quite a few of them (same with Fraunhofer). They are the main research organizations.
Reply 7561
If you need small screwdrivers (like ones used to repair spectacles etc. try the market :yy: )
visesh
If you need small screwdrivers (like ones used to repair spectacles etc. try the market :yy: )

Really? I wouldn't have thought of that, thanks :smile:

I have lost my only pen :cry:
ukebert

I have lost my only pen :cry:

You only have one pen? :eek:
fumblewomble

However many pens I buy I will end up with only one - the one that I keep in my pocket. I now however have a pencil but no pen :frown:
fumblewomble

:ditto: I have four in my pencil case and another seven or eight spare.
Reply 7566
I only have one pen. One good fountain pen. Can't stand biros.

Who writes anything by hand now anyways? Except in exams.
Reply 7567
Tom
Who writes anything by hand now anyways?

Mathmos
Reply 7568
Oh, and Re: tomorrow

I bought a bottle of wine to bring today, before the warning of one for every two people. So if anyone would like an excuse to not biring one, you have me :biggrin:
And natscis - my supervisors require all my essays to be handwritten. :s-smilie:

Y__: if you don't mind me asking, how did you go about arranging/applying for that placement?
Tom

I only have biros and we write all our Maths/Stats, Micro and Macro supervision assignments by hand.

Gesar
Oh, and Re: tomorrow

I bought a bottle of wine to bring today, before the warning of one for every two people. So if anyone would like an excuse to not biring one, you have me :biggrin:

:ditto: :smile:
Reply 7571
Tom

People who have better things to do that remember how to use LaTeX :p:
Scipio90
People who have better things to do that remember how to use LaTeX :p:

LaTeX is fun. :h:
Reply 7573
alex_hk90

Fun, but time-consuming. I much prefer killing trees.
alex_hk90

Pascal and C++ are much better
:ninja:
thegluups
Pascal and C++ are much better
:ninja:

As I've said before: ASM > Pascal, C++ :h:
alex_hk90
As I've said before: ASM > Pascal, C++ :h:

No way....:mad: that is so no true...

Ever heard of DrScheme? worse programming language ever...

and to be fair, i'm not that big a fan of java... i find the syntax really annoying
Reply 7577
thegluups
and to be fair, i'm not that big a fan of java... i find the syntax really annoying

I used to think java looked ugly and awkward, but since we've started studying it this term, I'm starting to like it.
Reply 7578
thegluups

But... Pascal ?! Ew :biggrin: . I like Java for its flexibility, and Haskell because it's really cool (not saying I know a lot about Haskell, but the stuff I've seen is just the stuff that mathmos like :p: ).
thegluups

It is true, you can't reverse engineer in Pascal or C++. :ninja:

And I haven't heard of DrScheme. *Wikis* Ooh, it's a functional programming language.

Agreed on Java though, but my main gripe is the clunkiness of the standard interface it produces.

Latest

Trending

Trending