The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thegluups
oh ok...

thats strange... do you go to lectures in the morning?

Depends on the day. I have 11am, 10am, 2pm, 10am/day off, 9am. So yeah, basically every morning. I'll crash soon I think, and have a day where I just sleep. That's what happened last term anywho.
I hate electromagnetism.

I hate all applied maths. When will I realise this? I try to like it, I attend lectures, I think "oooooh, fun!", and then I sit down in front of an example sheet and feel like a four-year-old. I can't even simply learn the formulas off by heart, because there's far too many of them and I don't know what they mean - if my notes call something ρ\rho but the question calls it σ\sigma, I won't have a clue what's going on without re-reading all of my notes looking for key words in the question, because the maths makes sense to me, but the words don't. Sigh. It doesn't help that I've barely slept this week...

Perhaps I expect too much of myself. Hmm. Kind of unavoidable in a place like this, though. :tongue:
Reply 8142
oh ****, it's snowy again?
Indeed, Cambridge is white once again...
Reply 8144
Zhen Lin
Indeed, Cambridge is white once again...

Lies, there are still loads of Asian students :frown:
Reply 8145
Apagg
Lies, there are still loads of Asian students :frown:

Yeah, those dirty bastards. I bet the Senate House gift shop is selling golliwog dolls too.
haha i can see the daily mail headlines now...
"Cambridge students reveal their racist views on sordid internet forum"
Reply 8147
*emails daily mail with link*

I know they're meant to be racist and all but golliwogs dolls are so cute :frown:
Reply 8148
The snow seems thinner than last time and melting :frown:
Reply 8149
Thicky
Go by sleigh!

She could return by sleigh, but its not really possible for the first leg :p:
I didn't really want more snow, but it means my Soc Anth supervision has been cancelled :biggrin: YAY! *cheers* :dancing:

But all that means is I actually have to shut myself in the library all afternoon to read for my Psychology essay before formal tonight.
Reply 8151
Y__
Just quoting you to get your attention :P . Saxl is getting worse, isn't he? Thoroughly disorganized and lacking a bit of structure...By the way, I was talking to a friend about Saxl's accent - I am convinced it is some kind of German (southern Austria, if I had to guess), but my friend thinks it's something Eastern European. What do you think?

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all :tongue:

I :love: Saxl
Reply 8152
visesh
Yeah, those dirty bastards. I bet the Senate House gift shop is selling golliwog dolls too.

I thought we didn't let them in, standard policy?
The snow is nasty and slushy this time, and I stepped in a massive puddle on the way back from the Sidgwick. :mad:
Bah, I have lost Freud. I should really keep my room a bit tidier...

Shadow today, yay :biggrin: She's getting to get a fun view of Cambridge - it's going to be a late one for me tonight because Russian is all consuming :frown: I did try to get it out of the way, but not being well at the weekend didn't really help.
I'm not leaving the room today because I have no non-stats lectures!!
Reply 8156
Zoedotdot
Bah, I have lost Freud. I should really keep my room a bit tidier...

Shadow today, yay :biggrin: She's getting to get a fun view of Cambridge - it's going to be a late one for me tonight because Russian is all consuming :frown: I did try to get it out of the way, but not being well at the weekend didn't really help.

Same. I'm thinking of dragging her to the library after dinner...
Reply 8157
I keep wondering why the Pembroker living in the attic room across the street from mine has kept his college scarf draped over his window ledge for four weeks. At one point it was draped over the open window instead, but now its back on the ledge, sopping wet and ice crusted. :lolwut:
Pembrokian*

I'm about to start my essay which is in for 2pm. On the whole this is not a problem, apart from the fact that none of the reading matches up with any of the essay titles.
Craghyrax
Same. I'm thinking of dragging her to the library after dinner...

I won't drag mine to the library, because she really would be bored! I'll probably just grab the other Russianist who's being shadowed and get him to bring his shadow over to my room, we can Russian it up and chat at the same time. Plus, my staircase is majorly sociable so there'll be loads of people around willing to talk to them :smile: It's a plan!

Latest

Trending

Trending