Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    I'd go with convention.
    That is that it is a convention (and that sentence works, let's not discuss it! :tongue: )

I don't want to be thought of as a conformist :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    That is that it is a convention (and that sentence works, let's not discuss it! :tongue: )

I don't want to be thought of as a conformist :eek3:
    Lol yes, that's what I thought you meant - I have no aspersions of confirmity to cast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I've definitely noticed this, but it seems to be more associated with TSR-ness. We seem to have a higher concentration of people who seem to be more or less 'constantly' miserable. Maybe we are more likely to express these concerns on a forum?
    Sure but Billy didn't seem to be talking about TSRers... (were you gb?)

And I get annoyed when people (*cough* Rushda *cough*) conceive of me as being depressed all the time when its nonsense.
    I say what's in my head at the time when I post, but lots of things happen/are experienced between posts. I see my time here as quite a high point where loads of things are ideal, and I'm aware that I won't be allowed to cling to my comfort zone any longer once I have to graduate and earn a living (boo) - cue frantic scramble for postgrad :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Actually, having drawn a mental syntax tree, I'll go with convention too.

Nope, biology, chemistry and double maths. I've heard mixed things about English language - what makes it so funny?
    Well it was so formulaic - one could achieve 100% without fail just by including certain points even if at random. I can scan in my results sheet to prove it if needs be :rolleyes: but it was just so depressing in the end. I realise this doesn't = funny so we'll go with laughable. :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Lol yes, that's what I thought you meant - I have no aspersions of confirmity to cast.
    Surely your confirmity should include 'conformity'?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well it was so formulaic - one could achieve 100% without fail just by including certain points even if at random. I can scan in my results sheet to prove it if needs be :rolleyes: but it was just so depressing in the end. I realise this doesn't = funny so we'll go with laughable. :redface:
    Oh yeah, I know exams like that. I had this on a general studies AS paper. :tongue:

Hmm, I was not a fan of English language GCSE.
    Surely your confirmity should include 'conformity'?! :woo:
    ...maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I know exams like that. I had this on a general studies AS paper. :tongue:

Hmm, I was not a fan of English language GCSE.
    :eek: :eek: :eek3: :eek: :eek:

Why on earth doesn't Cambridge include GS in its offers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    No obviously I don't know what their constant emotional states are. I'm just going on common themes that crop up in conversation. They talk about how depressing a range of things are, and how crap another range of things are :dontknow:
    And seeing as I haven't really seen any signs of depression in Cambridge other than these... I assume its just a cultural/expressive thing.

Well, ok then. I'll wait a few days and take that one off of the list :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    and Craggy, do you think you've scared your shadow off've Cambridge? Maybe even scarred them for life? Or did you just avoid letting on any hint of how hard you work? :p: ARGHGHG why won't the ;p; smiley show up?
    That annoys me too :hmpf:
    Is it such a crime/phenomenon for a person to actually love their subject!? :getmecoat:

Maybe I should use my custom title to vent my frustration to TSR at large:

Something like: FOR THE RECORD: THE POSTING ABOUT WORK ON TSR IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO THE WORK I ACTUALLY DO!

Anyway.. the cosmic forces were in orchestration, and my shadow was the shy bookish type who loved Cambridge and enjoyed being taken to a library and given some first year SPS texts to read. She took notes...

ReputationRep:
    Hooray! Rooms point sheet seems to take my Cambridge Hub work into account :king1:

ReputationRep:
    That annoys me too :hmpf:
    Is it such a crime/phenomenon for a person to actually love their subject!? :getmecoat:

Maybe I should use my custom title to vent my frustration to TSR at large:

Something like: FOR THE RECORD: THE POSTING ABOUT WORK ON TSR IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO THE WORK I ACTUALLY DO!

Anyway.. the cosmic forces were in orchestration, and my shadow was the shy bookish type who loved Cambridge and enjoyed being taken to a library and given some first year SPS texts to read. She took notes...
    It's Tom, isn't it, who is often incredulous at your descriptions of workload? :tongue:

And surely your posting is somewhat proportional - you tend to describe most of the work that you are doing/are going to do

ReputationRep:
    It's Tom, isn't it, who is often incredulous at your descriptions of workload? :tongue:
    Its anybody who knew me in my first year where I had literally twice the number of supervision essays each term, and was in The West Wing's shoes.
    And surely your posting is somewhat proportional - you tend to describe most of the work that you are doing/are going to do
    ....and then remain carefully silent about not doing it :p: Eg Habermas essay that is still unwritten :flute:

ReputationRep:
    Its anybody who knew me in my first year where I had literally twice the number of supervision essays each term, and was in The West Wing's shoes.
    ....and then remain carefully silent about not doing it :p: Eg Habermas essay that is still unwritten :flute:
    oooooook :tongue: (to be pronounced as the Unseen University's Librarian would :yep: )

ReputationRep:
    oooooook :tongue: (to be pronounced as the Unseen University's Librarian would :yep: )
    :five: Most insightful :yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Also... is anyone else here absolutely loving the CUP sale? My wallet doesn't like me for it, but hey...

ReputationRep:
    :five: Most insightful :yes:
    Aren't I always? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Not been in to look yet. I'm brainlessly tempted by one of the 800th anniversary book things, I think Varsity mentioned one by CUSU...
    But I'm not likely to purchase anything.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't I always? :holmes:
    *checks post history*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Also... is anyone else here absolutely loving the CUP sale? My wallet doesn't like me for it, but hey...
    Oh my god yes.

ReputationRep:
    *checks post history*
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek3: :tongue:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.