The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8400
Thicky
I'd go with convention.

That is that it is a convention (and that sentence works, let's not discuss it! :tongue: )

I don't want to be thought of as a conformist :eek3:
Thicky
That is that it is a convention (and that sentence works, let's not discuss it! :tongue: )

I don't want to be thought of as a conformist :eek3:

Lol yes, that's what I thought you meant - I have no aspersions of confirmity to cast.
Reply 8402
visesh
I've definitely noticed this, but it seems to be more associated with TSR-ness. We seem to have a higher concentration of people who seem to be more or less 'constantly' miserable. Maybe we are more likely to express these concerns on a forum?

Sure but Billy didn't seem to be talking about TSRers... (were you gb?)

And I get annoyed when people (*cough* Rushda *cough*) conceive of me as being depressed all the time when its nonsense.
I say what's in my head at the time when I post, but lots of things happen/are experienced between posts. I see my time here as quite a high point where loads of things are ideal, and I'm aware that I won't be allowed to cling to my comfort zone any longer once I have to graduate and earn a living (boo) - cue frantic scramble for postgrad :p:
Reply 8403
Supergrunch
Actually, having drawn a mental syntax tree, I'll go with convention too.

Nope, biology, chemistry and double maths. I've heard mixed things about English language - what makes it so funny?

Well it was so formulaic - one could achieve 100% without fail just by including certain points even if at random. I can scan in my results sheet to prove it if needs be :rolleyes: but it was just so depressing in the end. I realise this doesn't = funny so we'll go with laughable. :redface:
Reply 8404
Supergrunch
Lol yes, that's what I thought you meant - I have no aspersions of confirmity to cast.

Surely your confirmity should include 'conformity'?! :woo:
Thicky
Well it was so formulaic - one could achieve 100% without fail just by including certain points even if at random. I can scan in my results sheet to prove it if needs be :rolleyes: but it was just so depressing in the end. I realise this doesn't = funny so we'll go with laughable. :redface:

Oh yeah, I know exams like that. I had this on a general studies AS paper. :tongue:

Hmm, I was not a fan of English language GCSE.
Thicky
Surely your confirmity should include 'conformity'?! :woo:

...maybe.
Reply 8406
Supergrunch
Oh yeah, I know exams like that. I had this on a general studies AS paper. :tongue:

Hmm, I was not a fan of English language GCSE.

:eek: :eek: :eek3: :eek: :eek:

Why on earth doesn't Cambridge include GS in its offers??
Reply 8407
Craghyrax
No obviously I don't know what their constant emotional states are. I'm just going on common themes that crop up in conversation. They talk about how depressing a range of things are, and how crap another range of things are :dontknow:
And seeing as I haven't really seen any signs of depression in Cambridge other than these... I assume its just a cultural/expressive thing.

Well, ok then. I'll wait a few days and take that one off of the list :tongue:
Reply 8408
Tom

and Craggy, do you think you've scared your shadow off've Cambridge? Maybe even scarred them for life? Or did you just avoid letting on any hint of how hard you work? :p: ARGHGHG why won't the ;p; smiley show up?

That annoys me too :hmpf:
Is it such a crime/phenomenon for a person to actually love their subject!? :getmecoat:

Maybe I should use my custom title to vent my frustration to TSR at large:

Something like: FOR THE RECORD: THE POSTING ABOUT WORK ON TSR IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO THE WORK I ACTUALLY DO!

Anyway.. the cosmic forces were in orchestration, and my shadow was the shy bookish type who loved Cambridge and enjoyed being taken to a library and given some first year SPS texts to read. She took notes...
Reply 8409
Hooray! Rooms point sheet seems to take my Cambridge Hub work into account :king1:
Reply 8410
Craghyrax
That annoys me too :hmpf:
Is it such a crime/phenomenon for a person to actually love their subject!? :getmecoat:

Maybe I should use my custom title to vent my frustration to TSR at large:

Something like: FOR THE RECORD: THE POSTING ABOUT WORK ON TSR IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO THE WORK I ACTUALLY DO!

Anyway.. the cosmic forces were in orchestration, and my shadow was the shy bookish type who loved Cambridge and enjoyed being taken to a library and given some first year SPS texts to read. She took notes...

It's Tom, isn't it, who is often incredulous at your descriptions of workload? :tongue:

And surely your posting is somewhat proportional - you tend to describe most of the work that you are doing/are going to do :wink:
Reply 8411
Thicky
It's Tom, isn't it, who is often incredulous at your descriptions of workload? :tongue:
Its anybody who knew me in my first year where I had literally twice the number of supervision essays each term, and was in The West Wing's shoes.
Thicky
And surely your posting is somewhat proportional - you tend to describe most of the work that you are doing/are going to do :wink:
....and then remain carefully silent about not doing it :p: Eg Habermas essay that is still unwritten :flute:
Reply 8412
Craghyrax
Its anybody who knew me in my first year where I had literally twice the number of supervision essays each term, and was in The West Wing's shoes.
....and then remain carefully silent about not doing it :p: Eg Habermas essay that is still unwritten :flute:

oooooook :tongue: (to be pronounced as the Unseen University's Librarian would :yep: )
Reply 8413
Thicky
oooooook :tongue: (to be pronounced as the Unseen University's Librarian would :yep: )

:five: Most insightful :yes:
Also... is anyone else here absolutely loving the CUP sale? My wallet doesn't like me for it, but hey...
Reply 8415
Craghyrax
:five: Most insightful :yes:

Aren't I always? :holmes:
Reply 8416
Not been in to look yet. I'm brainlessly tempted by one of the 800th anniversary book things, I think Varsity mentioned one by CUSU...
But I'm not likely to purchase anything.
Reply 8417
Thicky
Aren't I always? :holmes:

*checks post history*
generalebriety
Also... is anyone else here absolutely loving the CUP sale? My wallet doesn't like me for it, but hey...

Oh my god yes.
Reply 8419
Craghyrax
*checks post history*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek3: :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending