The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ANybody going to see Andrew Marr at 3pm?
Reply 9141
must.calm.down :nutcase:
Reply 9142
Llamaaa
ANybody going to see Andrew Marr at 3pm?

I wanted to but I have a supervision at 3!!!
Reply 9143
minimo

Don't calm down, that would be silly.

Ack, is that the time?! *runs into town*
Going to see Death of a Salesman tonight. Should be amazing. :biggrin:
Reply 9145
generalebriety
Going to see Death of a Salesman tonight. Should be amazing. :biggrin:

And I missed it due to my own idiocy :banghead:
Reply 9146
Wanted to go to Death of a salesman and the Freedom of speech on the internet talk yesterday and the union debate today. None of them did/will happen because of too many example sheets :tongue: .
ukey
And I missed it due to my own idiocy :banghead:

Ahh, I just read your rant. That's rubbish. :frown:
Congrats minimo!! Do you know which College yet?

I want to go to Secret Discotheque tonight but need to find people first.
Reply 9149
Congrats Minimo :grin:

I'm increasingly tempted by Management Studies (read: a year at Cam with no work to do). I can't find out how funding/payment works though
Well done minimo :smile:

Argh, I've got through another book but still got two more to go before I can even think about having some idea of what to put in this essay. I'm absolutely exhausted though. Got a supervision in an hour, so I'm tempted not to do any work until after that and Hall...
I don't even know what half these questions are asking me. :rolleyes: Either our lecturer is too Russian to speak decent English, or he's too thick to have told us what half the terms here mean. Never mind. I've done 8 out of 18, so I don't care. It's not a brilliant attempt, but it's substantial enough to be "I didn't have much time" rather than "I'm thick" / "I couldn't be arsed".
Reply 9152
generalebriety
I don't even know what half these questions are asking me. :rolleyes: Either our lecturer is too Russian to speak decent English, or he's too thick to have told us what half the terms here mean. Never mind. I've done 8 out of 18, so I don't care. It's not a brilliant attempt, but it's substantial enough to be "I didn't have much time" rather than "I'm thick" / "I couldn't be arsed".

Which sheet?
Reply 9153
More snow! :dancing:
Y__
Wanted to go to Death of a salesman Sophrosyne, Film Night and the Freedom of speech on the internet talk yesterday and the union debate today. None of them did/will happen because of too many example sheets :tongue: .

:ditto:
Y__
Which sheet?

Complex analysis 1.

I'm probably just being thick, but still...

"Let D be a domain not containing 0, and let lambda: D --> C be a branch of the logarithm. Determine all possible branches of the logarithm on D in terms of lambda."

I have no idea what "all possible branches of the logarithm on D" means. It can't just be lambda + 2k.pi, surely?! And yet I don't know what the hell else it might be asking.
Reply 9155
Craghyrax
More snow! :dancing:

:ditto:

Why do they schedule all that cool stuff in week 4/5? I'm not amused :mad: !

Anyways, I'm off to my supervision...
Y__
Prof. Gowers: "Suppose each individual tosses a coin. If it gets heads, it will reproduce twice, if it gets tails, it just goes off and dies."

Life in terms of probability theory.

Oh, is that what everybody was laughing about? I was dozing off.

generalebriety
Complex analysis 1.

I'm probably just being thick, but still...

"Let D be a domain not containing 0, and let lambda: D --> C be a branch of the logarithm. Determine all possible branches of the logarithm on D in terms of lambda."

I have no idea what "all possible branches of the logarithm on D" means. It can't just be lambda + 2k.pi, surely?! And yet I don't know what the hell else it might be asking.

That's what I would guess as well, but there's probably some formality involved in actually constructing a branch, as well as showing that there are no others... Wikipedia has a little paragraph about it.
minimo

:hugs: awesome! well done!!

River finally on the way down. See blog for SCARY SCARY pictures of flooding!
Reply 9158
Gesar
I saw you today... If you're actually Seth, that is. And if I've remembered the name correctly.

You were walking past Monsoon on the way to Sainsbury's, and I stormed past in the opposite direction looking very angry :tongue:

Very probably. I was looking for icing sugar.
Presumably to try and offset the week 5 blues?

Latest

Trending

Trending