Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ANybody going to see Andrew Marr at 3pm?

ReputationRep:
    must.calm.down :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    ANybody going to see Andrew Marr at 3pm?
    I wanted to but I have a supervision at 3!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Don't calm down, that would be silly.

Ack, is that the time?! *runs into town*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Going to see Death of a Salesman tonight. Should be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Going to see Death of a Salesman tonight. Should be amazing.
    And I missed it due to my own idiocy :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Wanted to go to Death of a salesman and the Freedom of speech on the internet talk yesterday and the union debate today. None of them did/will happen because of too many example sheets :tongue: .
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ukey)
    And I missed it due to my own idiocy :banghead:
    Ahh, I just read your rant. That's rubbish.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Congrats minimo!! Do you know which College yet?

I want to go to Secret Discotheque tonight but need to find people first.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Minimo :grin:

I'm increasingly tempted by Management Studies (read: a year at Cam with no work to do). I can't find out how funding/payment works though

ReputationRep:
    Well done minimo

Argh, I've got through another book but still got two more to go before I can even think about having some idea of what to put in this essay. I'm absolutely exhausted though. Got a supervision in an hour, so I'm tempted not to do any work until after that and Hall...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't even know what half these questions are asking me. :rolleyes: Either our lecturer is too Russian to speak decent English, or he's too thick to have told us what half the terms here mean. Never mind. I've done 8 out of 18, so I don't care. It's not a brilliant attempt, but it's substantial enough to be "I didn't have much time" rather than "I'm thick" / "I couldn't be arsed".

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what half these questions are asking me. :rolleyes: Either our lecturer is too Russian to speak decent English, or he's too thick to have told us what half the terms here mean. Never mind. I've done 8 out of 18, so I don't care. It's not a brilliant attempt, but it's substantial enough to be "I didn't have much time" rather than "I'm thick" / "I couldn't be arsed".
    Which sheet?

ReputationRep:
    More snow! :dancing:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Wanted to go to Death of a salesman Sophrosyne, Film Night and the Freedom of speech on the internet talk yesterday and the union debate today. None of them did/will happen because of too many example sheets :tongue: .
    :ditto:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Y__)
    Which sheet?
    Complex analysis 1.

I'm probably just being thick, but still...

"Let D be a domain not containing 0, and let lambda: D --> C be a branch of the logarithm. Determine all possible branches of the logarithm on D in terms of lambda."

I have no idea what "all possible branches of the logarithm on D" means. It can't just be lambda + 2k.pi, surely?! And yet I don't know what the hell else it might be asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    More snow! :dancing:

:ditto:
    Why do they schedule all that cool stuff in week 4/5? I'm not amused :mad: !

Anyways, I'm off to my supervision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Prof. Gowers: "Suppose each individual tosses a coin. If it gets heads, it will reproduce twice, if it gets tails, it just goes off and dies."

Life in terms of probability theory.
    Oh, is that what everybody was laughing about? I was dozing off.

Complex analysis 1.

I'm probably just being thick, but still...

"Let D be a domain not containing 0, and let lambda: D --> C be a branch of the logarithm. Determine all possible branches of the logarithm on D in terms of lambda."

I have no idea what "all possible branches of the logarithm on D" means. It can't just be lambda + 2k.pi, surely?! And yet I don't know what the hell else it might be asking.
    That's what I would guess as well, but there's probably some formality involved in actually constructing a branch, as well as showing that there are no others... Wikipedia has a little paragraph about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    :hugs: awesome! well done!!

River finally on the way down. See blog for SCARY SCARY pictures of flooding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I saw you today... If you're actually Seth, that is. And if I've remembered the name correctly.

You were walking past Monsoon on the way to Sainsbury's, and I stormed past in the opposite direction looking very angry :tongue:
    Very probably. I was looking for icing sugar.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Presumably to try and offset the week 5 blues?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.