Should I go for quality or quantity in my A levels

Watch this thread
Titanium_disco
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I just finished my gcse and I don't know whether I should take 3 or 4 Alevel Subjects. Also the uni that I want to apply for requires 3 alevel as a minimal, so should I take bare minimum which is 3 subjects or take more subjects.
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
A Levels are hard enough as it is, there's no need to take on 4 A Levels. Stick with the 3 and you'll thank yourself later
ArtisticScreech
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You only need to take 3 subjects; taking 4 doesn't give you an advantage (unless you're deciding between multiple courses which require particular subjects - for example, if you were considering medicine and engineering it would make sense to take bio, chem, physics and maths). Definitely don't go for quantity over quality
Last edited by ArtisticScreech; 1 month ago
cleetus23
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Titanium_disco)
Hello,
I just finished my gcse and I don't know whether I should take 3 or 4 Alevel Subjects. Also the uni that I want to apply for requires 3 alevel as a minimal, so should I take bare minimum which is 3 subjects or take more subjects.
take 4 a levels if you want to, but it shouldnt make any difference in terms of your application. id actually advise against it since all a levels are tough and you'd be better of doing 3 and doing well at all of them instead of struggling to manage 4 and getting good grades. what subjects are you planning on doing btw?
TiredMedicc
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There's literally no advantage, to be honest. Save yourself time and effort and have a social life instead.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As above, no UK Uni requires more that 3 A levels - and taking 4 does not get you any extra credit, so its essentially pointless.
The only exception is taking Maths and FM if you are aiming at a maths-heavy STEM degree or Economics, otherise pick just 3 subjects.
Remember, AAA will always look better than ABBB - and those grades could cost you a Uni place. it simply isnt worth the risk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads