The Student Room Group

Can I apply for physics at manchester?

I recently got my predicted grades back as A*A*AA with an A* in maths and further maths and As in physics and chemistry. I have appealed my chemistry grade so I may recieve an A* for chemistry although for physics, I have talked to my teacher and am aware it is pretty much impossible for me to get my predicted grade for physics up to an A*. It has been my dream for a while to study physics at manchester, but however the entry requirements for the course is an A* in both physics and maths. Would I have a chance of getting in if I apply with an A in physics, or would it be a wasted university option? Thanks for any advice :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Make sure when you apply your attached pieces such as your cover letter are excellent. I’d be surprised with grades that good, for you not getting an offer. Maybe for Oxbridge that wouldn’t cut it for physics (maybe) but Manchester I’d be very surprised if that didn’t at least get you an offer. I applied to University 5 years ago so maybe grades have drastically improved since then but from what I can make out they haven’t changed that much. I think you’ll be fine.

Original post by physicsgirl122
I recently got my predicted grades back as A*A*AA with an A* in maths and further maths and As in physics and chemistry. I have appealed my chemistry grade so I may recieve an A* for chemistry although for physics, I have talked to my teacher and am aware it is pretty much impossible for me to get my predicted grade for physics up to an A*. It has been my dream for a while to study physics at manchester, but however the entry requirements for the course is an A* in both physics and maths. Would I have a chance of getting in if I apply with an A in physics, or would it be a wasted university option? Thanks for any advice :smile:
What kind of question is this? You are supposed to be an A*, but this question makes me think teachers have been extremely generous.
Original post by holisticalwealth
Make sure when you apply your attached pieces such as your cover letter are excellent. I’d be surprised with grades that good, for you not getting an offer. Maybe for Oxbridge that wouldn’t cut it for physics (maybe) but Manchester I’d be very surprised if that didn’t at least get you an offer. I applied to University 5 years ago so maybe grades have drastically improved since then but from what I can make out they haven’t changed that much. I think you’ll be fine.

Thank you! That is very nice to hear :smile:
Original post by anton31
What kind of question is this? You are supposed to be an A*, but this question makes me think teachers have been extremely generous.

Hi there, what do you mean by this?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by physicsgirl122
What do you mean by this?

If you dont meet a subject requirement for Physics at Manchester you ae going to get rejected. You can apply if you wish as an aspirational cjhoice but that is the reality.
Original post by swanseajack1
If you dont meet a subject requirement for Physics at Manchester you ae going to get rejected. You can apply if you wish as an aspirational cjhoice but that is the reality.

Ah ok, so I shouldn't reply? Ok thanks this is useful information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending