The Student Room Group

Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2023 entry

Scroll to see replies

I havent recieved this email even though I am a gap year applicant.
Original post by Reg12345
I havent recieved this email even though I am a gap year applicant.

Yep same, I haven't received anything either. But, I did mention my gap year plans in my personal statement so maybe that's why?
(edited 1 year ago)
For those who don't follow KMMS' Instagram page, just FYI they said that they hope to send out invitations to sit CASPer (to those who need to) between the 6th and 9th of November next week! Test date likely to be 24th or 28th of November, with initial interview invites sent out late December following scoring. Hope this helps!

Edit: spelling
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Silly_scientist
For those who don't follow KMMS' Instagram page, just FYI they said that they hope to send out invitations to sit CASPer (to those who need to) between the 6th and 9th of November next week! Test date likely to be 24th or 28th of November, with intimal interview invites sent out late December following scoring. Hope this helps!

Great, thank you! :smile:
Anyone got any CASPer invites yet?

Not me yet 🤷🏽*♀️
Original post by Chi chi5
Not me yet 🤷🏽*♀️

Me neither, but I was wondering if maybe that was just because they had assessed my fee status wrong 😅 (counting me as an international applicant when I should have classed as home)...but looks like they just haven't sent them out at all yet then!
Me neither, but I was wondering if maybe that was just because they had assessed my fee status wrong 😅 (counting me as an international applicant when I should have classed as home)...but looks like they just haven't sent them out at all yet then!

They finalised my fee status just this past Monday as international. 8 places 😬

If you’re home did you do a levels in the uk? If so then you won’t need to do Casper unless you’re a graduate
(edited 1 year ago)
nooo im waiting still
They finalised my fee status just this past Monday as international. 8 places 😬

If you’re home did you do a levels in the uk? If so then you won’t need to do Casper unless you’re a graduate

Yeah I'm in a bit of an odd spot as I'm a graduate applicant from a UK university but I initially came over to the UK pre-Brexit as an EU student, which would be categorised as a Home applicant. However, since Brexit, EU students now count as International applicants unless they came to the UK before Brexit was finalised, in which case they're still counted as Home applicants (which is my situation) 😬

It's a bit of a mess 😅
Yeah I'm in a bit of an odd spot as I'm a graduate applicant from a UK university but I initially came over to the UK pre-Brexit as an EU student, which would be categorised as a Home applicant. However, since Brexit, EU students now count as International applicants unless they came to the UK before Brexit was finalised, in which case they're still counted as Home applicants (which is my situation) 😬

It's a bit of a mess 😅

Haha it is isn’t it, best of luck!
Haha it is isn’t it, best of luck!

Thanks so much, you too!
Thanks so much, you too!

xx

nope but they said between November 6-9th, with some a couple days later so I think by Friday latest we should have our CASPer invites, given we meet the UCAT threshold for our group. Do you think the UCAT thresholds will be similar to last year?
Original post by Emmaharris499
nope but they said between November 6-9th, with some a couple days later so I think by Friday latest we should have our CASPer invites, given we meet the UCAT threshold for our group. Do you think the UCAT thresholds will be similar to last year?

I don't see why UCAT thresholds should be too different this time tbh, seeing as they've not increased by much in the past! Plus they do contextualisation, CASPer etc after the UCAT so it's not the only factor they consider (unlike most med schools where if you pass the academic screen it's only the UCAT determining whether you get in or not, whereas at KMMS it seems to be the other way round). Overall at the higher deciles there was an increase in average UCAT score but equally apparently the number of med school applicants has dropped by almost 10% this year which may balance things out!
oh nice, thank you. do you by any chance know the UCAT threshold for group D last year
I don't see why UCAT thresholds should be too different this time tbh, seeing as they've not increased by much in the past! Plus they do contextualisation, CASPer etc after the UCAT so it's not the only factor they consider (unlike most med schools where if you pass the academic screen it's only the UCAT determining whether you get in or not, whereas at KMMS it seems to be the other way round). Overall at the higher deciles there was an increase in average UCAT score but equally apparently the number of med school applicants has dropped by almost 10% this year which may balance things out!
Original post by badgal9
oh nice, thank you. do you by any chance know the UCAT threshold for group D last year

sl 2470, grads 2500
Okay great thank you sm :smile:
Original post by badgal9

2500 b2 I think, it should be on their website though if you'd like to double check
Apparently UCAT results only got sent today, I wonder if that would delay CASPer invitations? Or maybe Pearson just confirmed today that the UCAT results have been sent, I guess. Just going to have to wait and see :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending