Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

The Official 2023 Cardiff University Applicant Thread

THE OFFICIAL 2023

CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
APPLICANT THREAD

25624604-F6AE-41C2-A55D-6146DE574F41.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Icebreaker Questions
1) What grades did you get at GCSE?
2) What A Levels are you taking from September (or other eligible qualifications)?
3) What course at Cardiff University are you applying for?
4) What attracts you to Cardiff University?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Volunteer Note
Please do not use this thread to ask for group chat information or to share any other personal information. The Student Room is a place for young people to connect safely online. Remember, it is a public website and by posting your social media details in this thread, you are allowing everyone looking at the Internet to see your handles etc. Any mentions of this will be removed. Thanks.

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

i'm a psych student at cardiff going into placement year, and happy to try and answer any questions :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hi!
I am contemplating on applying to Cardiff for international business, but I just want to know about the following:
- How safe is cardiff?
- Is it diverse and not white washed?
- What are the employment prospects
- Is the city like Bath?
Original post by absolutelysprout
i'm a psych student at cardiff going into placement year, and happy to try and answer any questions :smile:
Original post by henrymcgeehan
So i’ve already got my place at cardiff, deferred entry from beginning of application, was accepted through ucas on results day, but i’ve not actually heard anything from the university, only through ucas. Is this normal and will they contact me soon? thanks :smile:

I’m not sure that you are supposed to hear nothing from the university, although I may be wrong.

Is this sorted out now? If not, it might be worth calling up Cardiff and informing them.
Original post by ashnashah17
Hi!
I am contemplating on applying to Cardiff for international business, but I just want to know about the following:
- How safe is cardiff?
- Is the city like Bath?

I have no idea about other stats, but one of my friend's sister studied at Cardiff, and apparently it seemed pretty dangerous - at night she would have to stay on the phone with her friends whilst walking back home. Not sure if that's a representative experience, but there ya go. I also plan on applying to Cardiff regardless because I reckon it's a pretty nice school lol :smile:
1) 12 A*s and an A (welsh)
2) I’m doing chem, geography and maths. At AS I had AAA, but haven’t had official predictions for A2 yet- but I’m aiming for A*A*A
3) Most likely pharmacy, though I may apply for chemistry
4) It’s quite a good uni for pharmacy, and also it’s close to home but far enough that it will still feel new. I’m still not 100% set on Cardiff tbh- I’m torn between there and Bath
Original post by ashnashah17
Hi!
- How safe is cardiff?
- Is the city like Bath?

ive found the city pretty safe, though no city is completely safe and you will have your usual drunkards and creepy people approaching you sometimes.
there's a fair few white people at cardiff but i'd still say it's diverse, there's lot of societies for different cultures
pretty good, you'd have to research this yourself though,
don't know, ive never been to bath.
Reply 7
applying for history, pg ib 34! how good (or not good) are my chances?
Original post by Ionomer
I have no idea about other stats, but one of my friend's sister studied at Cardiff, and apparently it seemed pretty dangerous - at night she would have to stay on the phone with her friends whilst walking back home. Not sure if that's a representative experience, but there ya go. I also plan on applying to Cardiff regardless because I reckon it's a pretty nice school lol :smile:

Tbh it’s best to do that in every major city in the UK because it can be dangerous/has crime.
Course: Pharmacy
GCSE: 9999988887
A levels: A*AAA
Why Cardiff: Their pharmacy course looks good.
Cardiff physio applicants represent
Original post by Anonymous
Cardiff physio applicants represent

Represent what?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Represent what?

I mean, any representing Cardiff Physio applicants around? I’m here reppin’

it was a lighthearted post.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean, any representing Cardiff Physio applicants around? I’m here reppin’

it was a lighthearted post.

Ah, I get it!
Are most classes online now due to the pandemic? I know that it varies between classes simply because of practicals. What is the city like since the pandemic? Have many businesses closed etc.
What do you enjoy about Cardiff city?
submitted last Friday for law. Any idea how long I am going to be waiting? do they decide in January only?
GCSE: 98888777765
AS: ABC
Predicted: A*AB
Want to study: Neuroscience (required AAB)
I've sent of my application, do you think I'll get an offer? Also anyone else applying or know anyone in the neuroscience course?
My grandparents live right next to the uni so that's a plus for me, but I'm from London
1) What grades did you get at GCSE?
9 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs

2) What A Levels are you taking from September (or other eligible qualifications)?
English Lit, History, Biology, Welsh Bacc

3) What course at Cardiff University are you applying for?
English Literature and Creative Writing

4) What attracts you to Cardiff University?

I'm from Swansea so I know Cardiff quite well, and it was good for my close to home option, also the course sounded incredible and the lecturers were lovely at the open day.
Original post by Calibann
Are most classes online now due to the pandemic? I know that it varies between classes simply because of practicals. What is the city like since the pandemic? Have many businesses closed etc.
What do you enjoy about Cardiff city?

What course?
Original post by Starwarsfangg
submitted last Friday for law. Any idea how long I am going to be waiting? do they decide in January only?

You might get an offer before. Law is a popular course though so they might wait for the majority of applications to come through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending